Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG mud terrain KM2's or Duratracs?

View Poll Results: Mud Terrain KM2's or Duratracs?
Duratracs 25 47.17%
Mud Terrain KM2's 28 52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
BFG mud terrain KM2's or Duratracs?

which one do you guys think is a better tire?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Duratracs but thats because I need them for the winter and they have great reviews on TireRack.com . I guess it depends on what you need them for and what kind of driving you will be doing...
Old 08-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
just wanted to see what you guys thought was an all around nicer tire.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
All around nicer tire Duratracks but the KM2's do really well off road the only thing i don't like about the Duratracks is the thin side wall.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Better all around tire? Duratracs. Better pure off-road tire? KM2.

Ps there are a lot of threads on this topic that u might want to search for.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #6

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
any of you guys have problems balancing your duratracs?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine took a lot to balance but my wheels limited where you can put the weights but there good now.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know a few people that have had problems balancing them... Every one got the issues worked out though
Old 08-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #9

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's for me
But then again...never owned Dura's...
Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
basically gonna get the same answers as far as tire choice- KM2's are awesome offroad, but the duratracs are more rounded for use.

my KM2's were easy to balance, for what its worth
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well one is a mud terrain and one is an all terrain.
So based on this question the answer is the Duratrac.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's are the best. They will last a long time!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
I love my km2's. They will pull harder in just about anything offroad. I've never had duratracs, but I'm sure they're quieter and a nicer on-road tire. Just depends what you're looking for
Old 08-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
ERMAHGERD
DubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubVtundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thayer
DubVtundy's Tacoma Gallery
ive heard really good things about both but i wanted to try something different so i got nitto trail grapplers and i love em they look close to the km2's with the blocky tread but they are great in all conditions. rain,snow, off road. i havnt had one thing to complain about them yet so you can also consider those tires also
Old 08-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
ive heard really good things about both but i wanted to try something different so i got nitto trail grapplers and i love em they look close to the km2's with the blocky tread but they are great in all conditions. rain,snow, off road. i havnt had one thing to complain about them yet so you can also consider those tires also
I've heard lots of good things about the trail grapplers also. If I hadn't gotten km2's I probably would've gone with those, but I loved my last set of km2's so figured I'd go with the tried and true
Old 08-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
I guess it depends on what you need them for and what kind of driving you will be doing...
Look at that. Reason.

If you're just going for the poser look and need them to actually be comfortable on road, etc., get the DuraTracs. If you actually want offroad performance, you're wasting your time with anything less than an MT.

So, pick your application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
I love my km2's. They will pull harder in just about anything offroad. I've never had duratracs, but I'm sure they're quieter and a nicer on-road tire. Just depends what you're looking for
KM2s are about as tame as offroad tires get. They're offroad tires designed to be daily driven.

I like them for a lot of reasons, but my next set will very likely be something more aggressive. I'm really liking what Maxxis is putting out these days in the Creepy Crawler and Trepador tires.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The KM2s have been amazing they clear really well in mud and snow. They grip decent on rocks and i was surprised with their performance on sand. I have about 10k miles on mine and they look brand new.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Look at that. Reason.

If you're just going for the poser look and need them to actually be comfortable on road, etc., get the DuraTracs. If you actually want offroad performance, you're wasting your time with anything less than an MT.

So, pick your application.

KM2s are about as tame as offroad tires get. They're offroad tires designed to be daily driven.

I like them for a lot of reasons, but my next set will very likely be something more aggressive. I'm really liking what Maxxis is putting out these days in the Creepy Crawler and Trepador tires.
I agree, they're not a strictly offroad tire, but they perform better offroad than duratracs (from what I see in the treads and what I've heard about duratracs), and seem to be the best combination DD/somewhat aggressive offroad tire on the market right now IMO. But, for a strictly offroad tire I'm with you. I'm not real familiar with those maxxis tires but I do like interco/super swamper for something more aggressive.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I have about 10k miles on mine and they look brand new.
Needa wheel it harder

I just destroyed my first one last weekend, at about 8k miles. The rest of them look beat to shit, except the new one bought to replace the thrashed one, obviously.

I disagree with you about snow traction, by the way. Awesome traction in rocks, loose dirt. Clear mud well as long as wheelspin stays up. Hardpack snow defeats them.