Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need Help with Tires and Wheels!!!!!!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
I can save your life or ruin it
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

Firefighter: Sergeant,Paramedic,Mandated Tactical Medic
FireTacMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with Tires and Wheels!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2011 DC Pre Runner. It came with 16 inch wheels and 245's. The guys at the wheel and trie shop swear that i can fir 18x9 wheels with 285/60/18's with no lift and with no rubbing. just looking for y'alls input on this. If it will not work what is the least I need to do to make it work? Thanks!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
their wrong...the largest you can fit with no lift and no rubbing is a 265/75/16 or the equivalent....dumb bastards, why do they tell people this shit? They clearly have no experience
Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
their wrong...the largest you can fit with no lift and no rubbing is a 265/75/16 or the equivalent
Actually several members on here are running 285/60/18s with no lift. They are only a 32" tire so they don't hit the uca. Might have to ditch your mud flaps though,
Old 08-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Actually several members on here are running 285/60/18s with no lift. They are only a 32" tire so they don't hit the uca. Might have to ditch your mud flaps though,
dammit! your right...but with a 285 wont the width cause the rub on the uca?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
dammit! your right...but with a 285 wont the width cause the rub on the uca?
That's really only an issue with 33" tires that are also 285 width. Still I'd get 4.5" bs just to be sure.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an informative thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158536
Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
That's really only an issue with 33" tires that are also 285 width. Still I'd get 4.5" bs just to be sure.
well there ya go OP
Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

That definitely helped guys! Ive seen the argument over this everywhere. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see next week when I get them. Hopefully if it does rub I can get away with just a 2 inch leveling kit.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #9

im at the fire station today and we just put on my buddies spare 265/75/17 on my taco with about 2- 2 and1/4 inch of gap left on each side. This may actually work with out a lift.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTacMedic View Post
im at the fire station today and we just put on my buddies spare 265/75/17 on my taco with about 2- 2 and1/4 inch of gap left on each side. This may actually work with out a lift.
That's not a very common size tire, are you sure that was the size?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I have the same size tire, but the new wheels is 17x9 and it rubber the truck when I make the wild turn, anyone have any idea how to fix it?
I think I may need a lift, but want to fix it before I do the lift, help!!!!! Please.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.270752,-71.023229
Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #12

yeah that was the size. It came off my bbuddies 11' 1500 and it was his spare.