Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted my wheels, 5% tint, and removed pinstripe! (56k....order a pizza)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Painted my wheels, 5% tint, and removed pinstripe! (56k....order a pizza)

Just finished painting my wheels today, got the winodws tinted with 5%, and removed the hideous pinstriping that was poorly put on by Toyota. Let me know what you think!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
so wheres the pizza nice job
Old 10-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. now........take the emblems off and paint the same as the wheels, that'll look cool imo.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
That is s#it hot!!!
I like it and oddly enough had been thinking of that color combo for mine!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #7
20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about

20taco07's Tacoma Gallery
looks good but the wheels look so small it looks like they came off an camry, id suggest geting some meatier tires
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man came out real good!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #10
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20taco07 View Post
looks good but the wheels look so small it looks like they came off an camry, id suggest geting some meatier tires
thats what i was thinking..
Old 10-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #11
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Nice color combo! But our aggressive fenders are just begging for larger tires...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
jeepinoutwest is on a distinguished road
jeepinoutwest's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, I'm planning on painting mine. can you tell me how you prepped the wheels?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Now don't get me wrong I like the way it looks and I know how fast a set of steel wheels can start to look ugly so I'm sure this is an awesome low cost improvement. But what happens when you have to change the tires and the guy getting paid minimum wage hacks them up with the tire machine and prybar? It sounds like kind of a P.I.A. to have to prep and paint again.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
looks good brother
Old 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Now don't get me wrong I like the way it looks and I know how fast a set of steel wheels can start to look ugly so I'm sure this is an awesome low cost improvement. But what happens when you have to change the tires and the guy getting paid minimum wage hacks them up with the tire machine and prybar? It sounds like kind of a P.I.A. to have to prep and paint again.
u can just spray and touch them up. i've had to do it on mine a few times. no need to redo the entire wheel
Old 10-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Well, this is just a temporary thing until I have the money for the wheels I'm looking to get. I just hated the look of the steel wheels and ha to do something to make myself feel better. I'm ordering the ReadyLift SST kit for m truck in a few weeks and it should be lifted by the end of the year or sooner. I'm waiting for tires until these ones wear out and in the meantime, at least I'm turning heads . I've had painted wheels before and like jHodge said, you just have to touch 'em up..you don't have to redo the entire wheel.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
I LiKe TaCos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20taco07 View Post
I couldn't agree more...but until I can afford the wheels I want, these will do for now.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #19
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinoutwest View Post
Looks great, I'm planning on painting mine. can you tell me how you prepped the wheels?

Take them off....Clean them with a contact brake or brake dust cleaner. Dry them, then rough them up a bit with some 800 grit or so. Shoot a coat of primer (if you want) and then your color. Get a few coats on and make it a smooth and clean as you'd like. And put them all back together.

Duplicolor makes "Wheel Paint" and "Wheel Clear Coat". I used regular Duplicolor for my wheels and it's been fine so far.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #20
jeepinoutwest is on a distinguished road
jeepinoutwest's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the good info. rick