Notices

AT Tires

View Poll Results: Which tires??
Hankook Dynapros 20 50.00%
Nitto Terragrapplers 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Sanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Reed
Sanders17's Tacoma Gallery
AT Tires

Ordered my new 17x9 xd spys yesterday and now need tires. ive narrowed it down to hankook dynapros and nitto terra grapplers. What do you guys have experience with? and hows the tread wear
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
ive wheeled with several tw members and there amazing on the rocks and you can air them way down....ive had them on several older trucks i had and they were by far my favorite a/t tire...ive run bfg's,nittos,goodyears,bridgstone revos etc and i love the nittos...i got 42,000 miles on them and i wasnt nice at all to them nitto for the win my friend.....not to mention there quite and dont hurt your milage
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Another tire thread?? Have you tried searching on here about tires?

Out of the two you posted, I would go with the Nitto's.

Fink
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Just search... it was TW members who turned me to even look at Hankook... and now that I have had them on for about 10,000 miles and used them in snow, mud, desert and beach sand... and they are quiet on the highway, I love them!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
I just made the same decision earlier this year. I went with the Hankooks. Great tire for performance so far. Only issue I have is the actual tread width is narrower on the hankook. It's more pizza cutter ish looking than the nitto which would have a wider stance.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
OP,

Have you decided on anything yet?

Fink
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook all the way!!!! I absolutely love mine, and there a lot cheaper than the Nitto's also.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
geolanders
Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
davescarp is on a distinguished road
davescarp's Tacoma Gallery
i was in the same position... went hankook for the price and because there was nothing but good reviews from TW members.. hope that helps... sucks, tires are expensive..
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Check out the nitto TRAIL Grapplers. See my sig picture...

IMO these tires are THE BEST looking tire and I have zero complaints about them so far! $215ea at onlinetires.com when I bought them 4 months ago!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #12
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I just put Nitto TG's on my truck and I think they look great & ride great as well. Very happy with my choice, and have not heard ONE bad thing about them prior to or after installation. They are a bit louder obviously then the stock tires were, but you hardly notice it after awhile. When they wear out, I'll most likely get the same tire, only 285's.