XD Addict 17x9 HELP

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
2010 DC TRD Sport - Barcelona Red
swaffordjgr is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
swaffordjgr's Tacoma Gallery
XD Addict 17x9 HELP

I've been searching on this for the last couple of hours and have come up with nothing, so please excuse me (or post links) if this is covered somewhere else in the forum.

I found a KILLER deal locally on CL. I found (5) 17x9 XD Addict's, 4 months old, and the guy only wants $500 for all 5. They are the machined ones with the black lip, which just so happen to be what I was planning on getting when I needed new tires, and stepping up from the stock sport 17's up to 18's, but this is too good of a deal to pass up to me. Especially since I think it'll work with my existing tires.

my first question is this, the seller didn't know off hand what backspacing or offset that they are, but they came off of an FJ cruiser. I have a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport with the stock 17" sport wheels. If these were run on an FJ cruiser will they fit my truck regardless of the backspacing or offset? Or is there a difference between the FJ and Tacoma?

Also I have 255 75 17 BFG Mud Terrain's off of a Jeep Rubicon (also another great CL deal, bought 5 of them for $250, and they all have 13/32 of tread left still). I don't want to buy new tires until I have too. I know that these are skinny and tall, and it won't look the GREATEST until I get some wider tires when it's time. But will these tires work for the time being with the new 17x9 wheel?

Thanks guys for the advice ahead of time. I haven't been on here very long but I've already gotten some very good advice on my suspension set up and have no doubt that you'll have an answer for my questions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work because I'm really looking forward to picking these up tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
2010 DC TRD Sport - Barcelona Red
swaffordjgr is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
swaffordjgr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
-12 and +18 which equates to 4.5" and 5.75" backspacing.
So what you're saying is i want the 4.5" backspacing, which is -12 offset?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You want the -12 offset.... the 4.5" backspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaffordjgr View Post
So what you're saying is i want the 4.5" backspacing, which is -12 offset?