Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread

I started this a while back http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...urthest-3.html . well i got pulled over for speeding (71 in a 55 - oops) but only got a ticket for my tires stickin out too far. he was a cool CHP and we talked about my truck for a bit. in the end i dont think he really wanted to give me a ticket but he had to write me up for something so he wrote me up for my tires sticking out too far. guess i gotta get some mud flaps on there now - but ill get some cool ones
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
How much was the ticket?

I got pulled over for breaking 4 violation by making a right hand turn... The sad thing was his partner told him that my tires stuck out too far.. He just told me to get that fixed... I am thinking to myself heck no officer I am not fixing my tires. haha
Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
get these
http://www.amazon.com/Yosemite-Sam-B.../dp/B0002NIJPI
Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
just borrow or buy some cheapies and go get it signed off and take them off! dont keep the flaps your truck looks awesome right now
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you need fender flares if the tires are sticking out? I don't see what mud flaps are going to do for you.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Don't even bother getting some mud-flaps... You will not get pulled over again for your tires sticking out too far...
Old 08-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
How much was the ticket?

I got pulled over for breaking 4 violation by making a right hand turn... The sad thing was his partner told him that my tires stuck out too far.. He just told me to get that fixed... I am thinking to myself heck no officer I am not fixing my tires. haha
i just gotta get it signed off. no money

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
just borrow or buy some cheapies and go get it signed off and take them off! dont keep the flaps your truck looks awesome right now
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
At least no speeding ticket.
yes sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Don't you need fender flares if the tires are sticking out? I don't see what mud flaps are going to do for you.
the law requires mud flaps, not fender flares

Quote:
Don't even bother getting some mud-flaps... You will not get pulled over again for your tires sticking out too far...
i'll just get some to get the ticket signed off... then probably take them off and keep them for the next time
Old 08-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not in Cali,

I know several people who've been popped for tires sticking out.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
Not in Cali,

I know several people who've been popped for tires sticking out.
CA cops suck
Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
I had a buddy get pulled over for tires.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
its always a good thing when you know somebody who can just write them off =)
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
Nothin' Special

especk's Tacoma Gallery
so i went down to the local PD today to get this signed off and he didnt do it! he said i need fenders too because debri may come from the top also. i think the mud flaps cover plenty and he should have at least signed them off. he aslo said i need front mud flaps.

what do u guys think about all of this stuff? (pics below)

thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread-img_0779.jpg   Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread-img_0780.jpg   Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread-img_0781.jpg   Fix-it ticket from the guy who started this thread-img_0782.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
dude...that sucks. Maybe he didn't sign off on them because they were crooked??

its BS you have to go through this over something so trivial.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't matter what we think. You need to get them covered to get signed off, apparently.

Your photos are all from the rear.

If you need a budget solution, get some flexible plastic and fasten it "jeep fender style" around the perimeter of the wheelwell.

If you've got the bux, go fiberglass fenders.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Nothin' Special

especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
dude...that sucks. Maybe he didn't sign off on them because they were crooked??

its BS you have to go through this over something so trivial.
i put them crooked so they would cover more. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
It doesn't matter what we think. You need to get them covered to get signed off, apparently.

Your photos are all from the rear.

If you need a budget solution, get some flexible plastic and fasten it "jeep fender style" around the perimeter of the wheelwell.

If you've got the bux, go fiberglass fenders.
dont want to do glass. i may do the jeep style if i gotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
how about borrowing a friends rims with less bs so they tuck in more. get it signed off and put the old ones back on?
just moved up here. dont know anyone willing to yet.

I'm gonna try getting it signed off by another agency? good idea?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
i put them crooked so they would cover more. thanks.

I was just joking?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
and who all can write this off btw? fire? thanks

If you still have the factory flares?? Just get some 4-5" or so wide rubber material or thin flexible plastic like Formica and just sticky it to the flares so it overhangs the tires.

edit more like 6-7" wide.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
This fix-it ticket is a lot better than a speeding ticket so consider yourself lucky. You do have the option to just pay the fine if you don't want to fix it from what I remember.

I'm about 1.5hrs away from you, I have an extra set of stock wheels from a gen1 that you can borrow to get your ticket signed off. PM me if you're interested.

Products Discussed in this Thread