Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need advice on some Aggressive Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Smurfio18 will become famous soon enough
Smurfio18's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice on some Aggressive Tires

I have an 06 double cab TRD Prerunner and couldn't bee happier with the truck but its gonna need some new tires soon. I am leaving the suspension stock and am looking for some tires that look aggressive, but don't have too much road noise since most of my driving is on paved roads. I want to go a little bit bigger in terms or height and width but not sure whats the largest you can go without rubbing, appreciate any pics of tires people use and tire sizes for a stock Pre Runner setup.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
for a stock height, 265's are the max. my guess is that you have 16" wheels, then it would be a 265-75R16 to be more specific. If you go off roading or tow, get at least a load range C LT tire, if you dont tow then a P-metric tire should be ok and they're typically cheaper. check out tirerack.com for lots of info on tires. I'd recommend Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo, Nokian Vatiiva AT, Goodyear Wrangler silent-armor, and some more that im forgetting at the moment...its late, i need to go to bed.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
go with the b/s A/T revos
Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 AM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking for tires as well -- I found this place that is decently priced and most of the tires have free shipping:

http://www.savontires.com/mm5/mercha...ory_Code=Tires
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I just put REVO's on 265/65R17 and they look bigger but are the same as the ones that Toyota puts on.

The ride is awesome too!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
toyota does not put the revos on as oe
maybe iam not understanding what you said
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #7
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
As always i recomend these babies!!! they are awsome tires no noise at all!
eldorada trailcutter mt is the name of the tire!! good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on some Aggressive Tires-pretempratrailcuttermt.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine. Very little road noise. All of these look like great suggestions, though - more than one way to skin a cat!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i like the Bridgestone Reno too... not cheap thou, but the options to select to compare isn't so good
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
What about the BFG Mud terrains KM2? Looks very Aggressive but dont know how good they are. Someone shine some light on these .
Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Wrangler+TD

try these out I am very pleased with these and the reviews are great for wear and max traction. Plus they are priced right.

And I think they only come in 265 75 16
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i say go with the g/y silent armours i have a sent on my f350 for the last 30,000 miles still half tread always good in snow and mud, just put a set on my 08 tacoma they def. did their homework on this tire every set ive owned last between 50-60,000 miles and always get me home in good shape
Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Don't overlook Pep Boys. They carry the Definity Dakota line made by Cooper Tire. I am going with the AT's due to more travel on road than dirt but their MT's look great and are around $109 each. Wait for a buy three get one free special as they have it all the time. C range. 40K warranty.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
go with the b/s A/T revos
This.

I'm sure Terra Grapplers are great, but around here (College StatioN) so many guys have them on their trucks (BFG A/Ts also) that it loses it's appeal.

I'm happy with my Duelers.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
What about the BFG Mud terrains KM2? Looks very Aggressive but dont know how good they are. Someone shine some light on these .
they seem to be rated well but they're pretty spendy and i think they might be a little loud and wear too quickly for a highway poundin prerunner.... look badass though!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
they seem to be rated well but they're pretty spendy and i think they might be a little loud and wear too quickly for a highway poundin prerunner.... look badass though!
Could you point me in the direction of some aggressive tires like the BFG MT which are cheaper?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
wild country M/T s
long lasting mud terrain
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Could you point me in the direction of some aggressive tires like the BFG MT which are cheaper?
well, if you're gonna lift 2.5" or so and dont mind getting 17" wheels the 255-75-17 BFG MT KM's that im running are a ridiculously cheap tire for what you get. search tirerack or ebay for a set. you'll see them for around $100 a piece. no MT tires are very cheap due to the limited number of them produced(compared to passenger tires, allseasons and AT's) and the amount of rubbber put into them.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
asalerno56 is on a distinguished road
asalerno56's Tacoma Gallery
i think you should go with the BF Goodrich All Terrains T/A. i believe you can go with a width of like 11.5 with those, but anyway they are low road noise, have the treds and cabability for some off-roading, and they have very slow wear. i was going to get the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains, but im planning on doing a bit more off-roading lol. but check them out, there nice.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #20
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
This.

I'm sure Terra Grapplers are great, but around here (College StatioN) so many guys have them on their trucks (BFG A/Ts also) that it loses it's appeal.

I'm happy with my Duelers.

I don't think I've seen those - can you post a pic / link? I'm going to need tires for the wife's FJ soon and I'd like to see those...