Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

6 lug tightening sequence

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
6 lug tightening sequence

Everyone knows with a 5 lug wheel you tighten the lugnuts in a every-other-one pattern, but is there a proper sequence for a 6 lug wheel?

I torque them in steps, 45 ft/lbs, 65 ft/lbs, then 85 ft/lbs, but I have no idea in what order I'm supposed to be doing them.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Use a cross pattern and you will be fine. I thought I was strange because I won't use an impact gun but DAM you don't mess around. You can tighten them using the lug wrench then torque them to spec using a cross pattern after that go clockwise all the way around to make sure you did not miss any.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Everyone knows with a 5 lug wheel you tighten the lugnuts in a every-other-one pattern, but is there a proper sequence for a 6 lug wheel?

I torque them in steps, 45 ft/lbs, 65 ft/logs, then 85 ft/lbs, but I have no idea in what order I'm supposed to be doing them.
I've allways just crossed the center hub every time like this
Attached Thumbnails
6 lug tightening sequence-untitled.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
silvertaco408 is on a distinguished road
silvertaco408's Tacoma Gallery
Your supposed to use a star pattern or in this case its more of a triangle pattern. Tighten them with a lug wrench until its snug and then put the truck back on the ground and torque them... 83 ft/lbs is what are trucks are rated.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
I've allways just crossed the center hub every time like this
me too