Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will these fit my truck

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Will these fit my truck

Found a set of wheels for sale, wondering if anyone is running this size?

MICKEY THOMPSON CLASSIC LOCK WHEELS, 17X9
POLISHED ALUMINUM, 6 LUG ON 5.5, 4.5" BACKSPACE
-12.00MM OFFSET, CAME OFF A 09 CHEVY SILVERADO

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds about like the 07 sport rims i have
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Im pretty sure that fits. Im running the same except they are 16x8s. The lug pattern and backspacing is correct. Worst case scenario is you'll have to get wheel spacers.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They will not fit if they are hub-centric. Chevy hub bores are only 78 mm, tacomas are 106.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
They will not fit if they are hub-centric. Chevy hub bores are only 78 mm, tacomas are 106.
Well, that's what I was thinking. The wheels are over an hour away, and I really didnt feel like driving that far just to be disapointed. The research I did, did not have them listed to fit a Tacoma. Bummer.
So with the added cost of spacers, plus the fact that they would stick out even farther, I'd might as well buy new ones.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfrog View Post
Well, that's what I was thinking. The wheels are over an hour away, and I really didnt feel like driving that far just to be disapointed. The research I did, did not have them listed to fit a Tacoma. Bummer.
So with the added cost of spacers, plus the fact that they would stick out even farther, I'd might as well buy new ones.
You won't need spacers because those have 4.5" of backspacing.

I would ask him to just measure the hub bore for you.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You won't need spacers because those have 4.5" of backspacing.

I would ask him to just measure the hub bore for you.
Ten min. ago I almost put up KTP in 5432
Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Ten min. ago I almost put up KTP in 5432
You would have been 7 mins early. I can't be everywhere!