Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tire load range

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
tire load range

im looking at getting a set of tires. the factory tires that came on the truck are standard load 4-ply the set of tires im looking at come in 4-ply 13/32 tread and a 6-ply with 16/32 tread i dont mind giving up a little stiffer ride but tell me what yall think
Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
my ride didnt change to much just didnt run them at 65psi kept them at 55psi thats what the tire shop told me to do
Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
they are both the same size just different load ratings, my stock tires only call for 29 psi so if i went with the c range what psi should i run them at
Old 10-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

if the ride is stiff drop the psi 5 see if its any better your tires will wear alittle quicker
Old 10-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
so would you run the 6-ply tires at the same psi as the 4-ply
Old 10-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
one of the guys told me that you should put the max psi in the tire thats allowed
Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
one of the guys told me that you should put the max psi in the tire thats allowed
you can do that, but the tires will probably wear funny a bit, and mileage may go up some........but the ride will be bouncy and harsh,im pretty sure anyways.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
so my stock tire is a 4-ply and if i move up to a 6-ply just keep stock psi(29) in the 6-ply
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
so my stock tire is a 4-ply and if i move up to a 6-ply just keep stock psi(29) in the 6-ply
well.....not exactly. adjust the air pressure to what is comfortable to you. you could probably run 35 to 36 in the front, and 32 to 33 in the rear...see how that does for ya.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #10

i was running 8 ply and couldnt drivr it at full psi it was to bouncy