Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pro Comp Series 98 Rock Crawler

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp Series 98 Rock Crawler

Anyone have experience with these? Will they clear the calipers in 17's?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se..._pn=PCW98-7883

Old 08-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
dunno about the calipers but i run these wheels and love em but 4wheelparts sucks donkey balls
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Haha yeah I hear bad stuff about 4wheel parts but really don't have too much choice in Hawaii. Shipping parts here is crazy expensive.

Anyone else have any feed back? I really don't want to rely on the guys at 4wheel parts for advice, and I've read horror stories of fitment issues with other steelie wheels so I want to be sure before I buy.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
not sure.. ive heard of 16s sometimes not fitting but never heard of 17s not fitting
Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
i had problems with the 15s clearing the calipers

i heard the bigger one dont but i have no first hand experience with them
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Shaq-enzy Falls

For what it's worth... I broke down and decided to call 4WPs (I know how everyone feels about them). Anyways, they told me this set wont fit, and the calipers are going to be the problem on almost all of their steel sets. Guess it'll be an alloy set for me.

Now Leaning on these. What'chya think?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Yu...=BRW908B786345

Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like they just want you to buy the expensive ones
Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Shaq-enzy Falls

Haha that's why I was trying to avoid calling them, and hoped someone here had experience with em. I don't think I've ever read a positive comment about 4WP yet.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supataco View Post
Haha that's why I was trying to avoid calling them, and hoped someone here had experience with em. I don't think I've ever read a positive comment about 4WP yet.
like i said ive never heard of 17s that dont fit

wheelers offroad has 16" steelies that fit our trucks

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 08-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
^^^THIS^^^

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
sounds like they just want you to buy the expensive ones
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
4wheelparts sucks donkey balls
X2

i wouldn't trust anything 4wheelparts told me, they just don't know what they're talking about!!

call Wheelers Off Road, if they can't help you they will point you to who can
Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Shaq-enzy Falls

Thank you guys!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread