* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Is everyone else backordered?

Or is it just me?

I've called 4 local stores, and 4wp on several different sets of wheels and every one of them has none of the following in their inventory (all in 16x8)

KMC Enduro (out of production?)
Pro comp 7089 ( I was told Late Oct at the earliest)
Procomp 7032 ( Late Oct.)
Method Race Wheel ( No eta )
ATX Chamber ( No Eta )
ATX Artillery ( No Eta )

Where's everyone finding wheels these days? Am I missing an online retailer, or is it usually this hard to source wheels?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the enduros and the chambers are discontinued.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I thought they were, but it didn't hurt to ask :P
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
EMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant futureEMSAV8R has a brilliant future

Army: Aviation
EMSAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Been waiting weeks on Artilleries.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
found em in stock through some distributors we used on recent group buys....pm'd
Old 09-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try StreetSideAuto.com. I recently ordered Pro Comp 8089's from them after 4WP said they were on back order.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
found em in stock through some distributors we used on recent group buys....pm'd
Sent you a PM, I am also looking for some Pro Comp wheels.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Call SDHQ for Method Wheels, I'm pretty sure they have some in-stock!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #9

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
In my search I heard back from Pro Comp via Summit Racing, they are backed up 60-90 days on a lot of their alloy wheels.

I ordered a set of Pro Comp Series 52 steel wheels.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
In my search I heard back from Pro Comp via Summit Racing, they are backed up 60-90 days on a lot of their alloy wheels.

I ordered a set of Pro Comp Series 52 steel wheels.
I do not think those will clear the calipers in the front.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #11

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do not think those will clear the calipers in the front.

Done plenty of research, been told by several sources the 17x8 with a 4.5 backspace should fit fine.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Done plenty of research, been told by several sources the 17x8 with a 4.5 backspace should fit fine.
Ah the 17s....nevermind
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #13
asus611 is on a distinguished road
asus611's Tacoma Gallery
I got some KMC enduros about 2 months ago. I ordered them SEVEN months before that, though. They are not discontinued. The reason they keep saying "backordered" or "no eta" is, from my understanding, they only do production runs for the wheels a couple times a year, probably due to tooling costs. So, what happens is, depending on when you order, it may be a very long time to get your wheels. I ordered my wheels in December, but when I got them in July, the production stamp was only 12 days before I got them, so they were REALLY brand new.

On the flip side, I read about someone on here that got the same exact wheels I have, only difference is that he just called a retailer, and the wholesaler happen to have them in stock so he got them in three days. Coincidentally, this was also in July. Hmmm.

I know a lot of people have been frustrated with the availability of some of the wheels you mentioned.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Funny. Yes, I've been running into the same problem. No one has inventory. Strange
Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #15
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered some procomp 7089's from tirepackage.com for $122 a wheel, they said they had them in stock but I'm waiting for a call saying they don't have them.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just got 5 enduros through American tires last week. They are absolutely not out of production. And they were in stock when I ordered, I just had to wait 3 days for them to get them from from wheel pros where they order there wheels
Old 10-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
06silversport is on a distinguished road
06silversport's Tacoma Gallery
StreetSideAuto.com A+++++

Thanks for the info on StreetSideAuto.com... I tried 4WP and was told the 7089's were back ordered and would not be available for 2 months. Looked at Summit Racing and they showed they had them and they would ship out in 1 -2 days. Found out they didn't have them and they would not see them til Oct. 20th at the earliest.

After seeing your post Tuesday at 6:30 PM EST I checked out StreetSideAuto.com; had a quick live chat with Murph and he assured me that he had them in stock. I placed my order around 7 PM Tuesday and they were shipped out yesterday and I was sent the tracking info. The wheels were delivered at 10:30 this morning.

AWESOME SERVICE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt79 View Post
Did you try StreetSideAuto.com. I recently ordered Pro Comp 8089's from them after 4WP said they were on back order.