Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Stock rims powder coated black

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Stock rims powder coated black

I have the opportunity to powder coat my stock rims black for almost nothing. Is it worth it. I do a little light off roading here and there, mostly loging roads. Does anybody have them on Desert sand taco.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I was just thinking about doing this.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
RollTideJon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
RollTideJon's Tacoma Gallery
I was actually in between either getting new wheels or having mine powdercoated as well. I figured it would cost about the same to buy the new ones though. But if the price is right...would love to see pictures when they're done.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Painted mine black and it was the right choice, very nice change.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Big O is on a distinguished road

Name: Owen
Big O's Tacoma Gallery
Rims

I've wanted to do mine for quite a while.
Too bad you line so far away, he could do both of ours
at the same Time . ; )
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
RollTideJon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
RollTideJon's Tacoma Gallery
Actually think i have decided to do a dark gray powder coat on my stock wheels, hopefully around January. Anyone seen and wheels with a gray powdercoat?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen gray done, Im in product manufacturing and have connections to suppliers that do powdercoating. I have a cupple buddys that want there rims done too. I have a graphic supplier, going to get my lower front bumper (inset part) done in matte black graphic. Was also looking at getting scratch resistant coating. The perks of being in manufacturing.
Probably will get them done in next couple weeks. Will post pics and do a build thread then.