Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Best Michelin tires for my situation

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
TXtacoma is on a distinguished road
TXtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Best Michelin tires for my situation

I do 0% off-roading and most of my travel is highway. I occasionally use my truck to haul things. I live in south Texas so snow is not an issue. Mud is rarely an issue. What Michelin tire is the best for these conditions. I currently have Firestone (never buy again) 265/75/16. I do not see this size offered in Michelin. I do not mind changing sizes, I just do not want to change the height of my truck. However, I'm more concerned with a tire that is going to last longer than 43,000 miles (my current Firestone Destination JUNK).
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
43k is not bad for that tire why michelin
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
and i ask why the michelin is a very hard tire
Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
In short, Michelin has by far the best reputation. I've never owned any - always justified reasons why not to - and have yet to be satisfied with my tire selections. So I'm breaking down, throwing down the cash this time and just want to pick the best Michelin available.

I was thinking either the LTX M/S or Latitude Tour
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtacoma View Post
In short, Michelin has by far the best reputation. I've never owned any - always justified reasons why not to - and have yet to be satisfied with my tire selections. So I'm breaking down, throwing down the cash this time and just want to pick the best Michelin available.

I was thinking either the LTX M/S or Latitude Tour
Get the LTX M/S. My friend has them on his 4Runner, and he's got over 70k on them and there's still plenty of tread. They're not great in winter, but if that's not a concern, they should work just fine.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking at the LT2's
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #8
I pulled the trigger on the Latitude Tour. The Discount Tire guy gave me them for the same price as the LTX's. The LTX look a little more rugged, but the wear grade on the Latitude is 720 compared to 500 on the LTX. The Discount guy said Michelin typically has not put mile warranty's on their tires, however, on this tire they have a 6yr/65,000 mile warrenty. If all the testimonies expressing long life on the LTX tires are true. I should be in great shape.

It's almost like I'm driving a car now - compared to those Firestone Destination tires I had. Nice and smooth. I'm sitting at 119,000 miles right now. It sure would be sweet to get on here in 4 yrs and say I just hit 200,000 with my Latitude tires :O)