Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS bypass

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
mikesfarm is on a distinguished road
mikesfarm's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS bypass

If it is a hassle and or $ dealing with TPMS sensors when changing wheels or when tire stores break them. Can you not make a very small "pressure vessel " and just put all five sensors inside and put it under the truck bed or elsewhere ? Do the sensors need
to spin to put out data ? Do they keep track of wheel speed ? I really do not mind manually keeping track of my tire pressure.
Regards
Mike
Old 08-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesfarm View Post
If it is a hassle and or $ dealing with TPMS sensors when changing wheels or when tire stores break them. Can you not make a very small "pressure vessel " and just put all five sensors inside and put it under the truck bed or elsewhere ? Do the sensors need
to spin to put out data ? Do they keep track of wheel speed ? I really do not mind manually keeping track of my tire pressure.
Regards
Mike
You can make a capsule for them and pressurize it.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
You can also do it with just one and put it in one central location
Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike686 View Post
You can also do it with just one and put it in one central location
Doesn't the tpms system poll all of the sensors? Otherwise how would it know if only one tire is low?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
mikesfarm is on a distinguished road
mikesfarm's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I see the mod of cutting the wire behind the glove box. Does this mod work on 2011s ?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesfarm View Post
Ok I see the mod of cutting the wire behind the glove box. Does this mod work on 2011s ?
It does not
Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
sledneck is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: CBP
sledneck's Tacoma Gallery
I built this out of PVC pipe, used thread tape, PVC glue then sealed it with a valve from local tire shop. Put all 4 TPMS sensors in it wrapped a cotton shirt to protect them and filled it with 37 psi and put it in my toolbox. Works great
Attached Thumbnails
TPMS bypass-imag0393.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Yes but it is illegal for any tire shop to do something like that. I have heard people putting them in the spare and hoping they don't have a flat and need their spare.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneck View Post
I built this out of PVC pipe, used thread tape, PVC glue then sealed it with a valve from local tire shop. Put all 4 TPMS sensors in it wrapped a cotton shirt to protect them and filled it with 37 psi and put it in my toolbox. Works great
It will be hard to replace the batteries when go bad.