Notices

stock steelies with big tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
pl2010tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: peter
pl2010tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
stock steelies with big tires?

anyone running the 2nd gen steel wheels with bigger tires? If anyone could post pictures for me that be great. I can't decide if I want to buy new wheels or just get bigger tires. I want to put some type of lift on my truck also thats not to expensive.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if these are bigger than stock or not (I found this pic via Google) but here are the base steelies with Wrangler's on them...

As far as a lift goes, just do a few searches on here and you'll be bombarded with info.

Good luck!

Fink
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine with stock steelies, 265 75 duratracs and around 2.5" of lift.

To go to 285's you will need wheel spacers.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Not sure if these are bigger than stock or not (I found this pic via Google) but here are the base steelies with Wrangler's on them...

As far as a lift goes, just do a few searches on here and you'll be bombarded with info.

Good luck!

Fink
haha thats my truck.

Those are 265 75 R16 (32's)a bit bigger than stock, they will fit with no lift as well as I had my lift off for a week while my coilovers were getting rebuilt.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

Good luck!

Fink
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
Here is mine with stock steelies, 265 75 duratracs and around 2.5" of lift.

To go to 285's you will need wheel spacers.

Same truck, posted at the exact same minute?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
That's crazy!

snorola, I hope you didn't mind me posting it - I just did a Google search and yours was the first 2nd gen that showed up. Sweet truck!

Fink
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
pl2010tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: peter
pl2010tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
thanks! thats a perfect picture of what I needed to see