Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Tires - Help!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
rossivey is on a distinguished road
rossivey's Tacoma Gallery
Post New Tires - Help!

I'm needing new tires but can't decide the size or the brand. Need some I suggestions please. I currently have 265/75/16 but would like to go bigger with a possible 3" lift and minimal trimming. I'm also looking at the 18" Rockstar rims as a possibility with a set of new tires. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
please dont get the rockstar rims..

and if you go with a 3 inch lift and dont want any trimming, i suggest 32s
Old 08-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
After lift u can fit 285/75/16,17,18....BUT you will have to trim

Welcome to TW

Old 08-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
With no lift you can do 265/65/18, with a lift and trimming you can do 285/65/18.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
please dont get the rockstar rims..

and if you go with a 3 inch lift and dont want any trimming, i suggest 32s
What wheels do you suggest? Why not Rockstars?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
What wheels do you suggest? Why not Rockstars?
They are the second most "bro" rim ever, behind the moto metal skulls.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
What do you suggest then? I'd like to go with some black rims with a little chrome for the contrast.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Skulls

If he Plasti-Dipped his chrome it would look alot better.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you suggest then? I'd like to go with some black rims with a little chrome for the contrast.
Get whatever you like man, it's your money and your truck.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
i haven't really looked at too many styles that's why i'm taking suggestions. My brother is the one who turned me on to the Rockstars. How does everyone feel about the Nitto Terra Grapplers?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i haven't really looked at too many styles that's why i'm taking suggestions. My brother is the one who turned me on to the Rockstars. How does everyone feel about the Nitto Terra Grapplers?
I've heard decent things about them, but have not owned them personally.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
What's a good brand that i'll get at least 40K out of? I've got Big O's right now but my tire shop quit carrying them so i'm going with something different this time.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You noted you like black and chrome together and wanted suggestions. My two favorites are the:

Eagle alloy 063

Dick cepek dc2
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's a good brand that i'll get at least 40K out of? I've got Big O's right now but my tire shop quit carrying them so i'm going with something different this time.
What kind of driving? highway.... off road....... snow?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You noted you like black and chrome together and wanted suggestions. My two favorites are the:

Eagle alloy 063

Dick cepek dc2
I love the DC2's, they're badass.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Agreed. I don't care for the center caps though, they are a bit too large....
Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
Quote:
What kind of driving? highway.... off road....... snow?
Mostly Highway but I go off road during hunting season. Very little snow. Maybe 3 times a year. I need something that is good in mud since i use my truck instead of an ATV.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #20
Quote:

I like those, thanks for the suggestions!