Anyone built a TPMS pipebomb?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Shadow3 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Retired (SEAL) USN-CPO
Name: Chris
Shadow3's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone built a TPMS pipebomb?

Does anyone know of a thread regarding construction of a pvc TPMS pipebomb? I want to try that. Also has anyone tried puting all the sensors in the spare?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow3 View Post
Does anyone know of a thread regarding construction of a pvc TPMS pipebomb? I want to try that. Also has anyone tried puting all the sensors in the spare?
I seen a thread over in TTORA along time ago about this.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
yep, theres a few on here. Works pretty well, also.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery

Pretty simple - I used a valve stem from walmart, 3" dia piece of PVC and 2 PVC endcaps. Cut about a 4" piece of the pipe. Drill a hole in one of the endcaps sized correctly for the valve stem you bought (there are only 2 common sizes, but I don't remember what the correct drill is). Pop the valve stem in from the underside. You'll probably have to gently pull it through with a pair of pliers. Use 2-part PVC primer and cement to attach the non-drilled cap to the pipe. Then wrap your TPMS sensors in some paper towels or something to keep them from rattling around and put them in the pipe. Then prime/cement the endcap with the valve stem in place. Wait 24 hours, then pump it up to 30 PSI and make sure it holds air. Follow your manual on how to reset your light.

Mine has held for 5,000 miles now, no issues. I bought cement but not primer initially, and the chamber didn't hold air. PITA to re-do it, so spring the $5 for the primer and do it right the first time.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
D44boy is on a distinguished road
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

Pretty simple - I used a valve stem from walmart, 3" dia piece of PVC and 2 PVC endcaps. Cut about a 4" piece of the pipe. Drill a hole in one of the endcaps sized correctly for the valve stem you bought (there are only 2 common sizes, but I don't remember what the correct drill is). Pop the valve stem in from the underside. You'll probably have to gently pull it through with a pair of pliers. Use 2-part PVC primer and cement to attach the non-drilled cap to the pipe. Then wrap your TPMS sensors in some paper towels or something to keep them from rattling around and put them in the pipe. Then prime/cement the endcap with the valve stem in place. Wait 24 hours, then pump it up to 30 PSI and make sure it holds air. Follow your manual on how to reset your light.

Mine has held for 5,000 miles now, no issues. I bought cement but not primer initially, and the chamber didn't hold air. PITA to re-do it, so spring the $5 for the primer and do it right the first time.
Just followed these instructions. Works like a champ! Thanks Polymer! One thing that I found out is when you put the second cap on, because it makes a seal, the air pressure you create by putting it on prevents it from staying on. I had to depress the air valve as I pushed the second cap on.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
and yes, i know, i revived a year old thread.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
They're easy to make. I built this one a couple years ago but haven't used it yet.

I just went to Home Depot for the pvc pieces and glue and a automotive store for the valve stem. I wouldn't recommend putting the sensors in the spare in case you ever need to mount it....some use a wheel barrel tire. They do make large hose clamp type straps though for mounting the sensors to the inside of wheels.... http://www.revolutionsupply.com/strapkit.aspx
Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd use a threaded end cap so I could get them out if I ever needed to.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd use a threaded end cap so I could get them out if I ever needed to.
thought about that after. would it be airtight, or would you have to use cement to seal it off? Not that familiar with pvc.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Tried it. Didnt work. So I did the tear open dash and cut a wire and run it to 12v mod. Worked like a charm.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D44boy View Post
thought about that after. would it be airtight, or would you have to use cement to seal it off? Not that familiar with pvc.
You could make it air tight, possibly with a rubber gasket or the use of liquid gasket.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a Carmel Valley meet might be brewing in this tread. Haha
Is your truck silver and black mostly? I think I saw you at the Bagel Bakery a while ago.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D44boy View Post
Just followed these instructions. Works like a champ! Thanks Polymer! One thing that I found out is when you put the second cap on, because it makes a seal, the air pressure you create by putting it on prevents it from staying on. I had to depress the air valve as I pushed the second cap on.
Nice. Good tip about depressing the valve. Mine has held up perfectly for the year since I wrote this. Also, I can't take credit for the idea. I took it from someone else here I think. Fits great in my under-seat storage.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #17
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I bet the feds are keeping a close eye on this thread
x2...

Especially with a retired navy seal starting it haha
Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Great lookn truck OP. love the tire and wheel combo.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #19

Shadow3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasper View Post
Looks like a Carmel Valley meet might be brewing in this tread. Haha
Is your truck silver and black mostly? I think I saw you at the Bagel Bakery a while ago.
You probably have seen me around a few times! I am near the barnyard and crossroads often.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #20

Shadow3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Great lookn truck OP. love the tire and wheel combo.
Thanks man! I am happy with how it has turned out so far.