Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

can I run these without rubbing

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
can I run these without rubbing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3977760/

Wheel Diameter 16 in.
Wheel Width (in) 7.000 in.
Backspacing (in) 4.000 in.
Offset 0.00mm

If I am not mistaken, the backspacing is "shorter" then my factory TRD off road wheels, and the offset will make them stick out 32mm more. So I SHOULD have no rubbing issues with either the inside of the wheels, or the tires on the fenders? Correct?
I had these wheels on my jeep and loved them. Am thinking about getting them for my tacoma as summer wheels.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
With a 265/70/16 tire you should be fine on road but off road it's a tossup.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
With a 265/70/16 tire you should be fine on road but off road it's a tossup.
Ah. I don't offroad at all, so that's not a problem.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
Cybertronian Tacoma

What kind of issues would I run into? Cause from what I can tell, the wheel/tire combo would simply stick out farther.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The Cragar soft 8's do not clear the calipers on 2nd gen Tacomas.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Cybertronian Tacoma

well crap.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
well crap.
Sorry. Neither do almost all steel or D-window wheels.

Whelers offroad sells about the only steelies I know that will clear.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
xfrankx is on a distinguished road
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
I love them and I wanted to know if they would fit my first gen v6. Looks like they won't fit your 2nd gen which sucks. The look and price of them is spot on.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Sorry. Neither do almost all steel or D-window wheels.

Whelers offroad sells about the only steelies I know that will clear.
Is that these, cause if so, I'm getting them!
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=captclueless;3661203]Is that these, cause if so, I'm getting them!
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm[/QUOTE]

Thats them! The 16" ones. I had them on my truck for 3 years no problems
Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Yup. I ran those for about a year with no problems! They clear
Old 08-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Yup. I ran those for about a year with no problems! They clear
he had mine after me

Love you new wheels BTW Hiatt!! Nice Job
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Thanks Curt!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
Cybertronian Tacoma

I'm assuming I want the 4.5" backspacing ones?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm assuming I want the 4.5" backspacing ones?
Affirmative
Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Cybertronian Tacoma

What would getting the 4" backspacing do?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
xfrankx is on a distinguished road
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What would getting the 4" backspacing do?

just make the wheels stick out further from the fenders.