Black vs. chrome wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
terry13 is on a distinguished road
Army: 45N tank turret mech. C Co. 10th engineer battalion  Kitzigen Germany
Name: terry
terry13's Tacoma Gallery
Black vs. chrome wheels

Been looking at getting new wheels for awhile and since im kinda old school was going to go with chrome wheels. Went to my local shop yesterday and was looking at the catalog and talking to the guy about different options. He asked if I had my truck with me which i did. He pulled it in the bay, dropped off one of my wheels and put a chrome rim on so i could see what it looked liked. I must say it looked like crap. I have a magnetic gray 2010 dble cad 4x4. Then he put on a black rim with machined areas and i really like it. I have never been a fan of the black rims until i seen it in person. Was happy that they took the time to do that for me. Will definiatly be buying from them once i figure out which ones to buy!! Also dont mean to offend anyone who has chrome wheels!! I have looked on here and seen pics of trucks with chrome which look ok but in person im not a fan anymore.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Yea chrome is pretty much the look of the 90s for the most part. Check out the XD Hoss wheels like in my sig pic....they come in gloss black. But with your color truck, I think a nice design wheel in flat black would work also.