Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What tire size, model should I get now that I have this lift

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
What tire size, model should I get now that I have this lift

Put in Bilstein 5100's with the coil kit and AAL for the rear and am looking to get new tires.. I live in New England so we definitly have our share of weather and potholes... I think I remember someone recommending me P265/75/R16's but I want to be sure.. I am thinking I want to get them at sears because I like the National warranty that they sell. Any idea what Model and brand I should get? I want something that will last and be safe in any terrain.. Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for a 1st gen Double-Cab and I am probably going to run the same lift. I will be getting some Pro-Comp rims (16x8) and Duratracs. It looks like 265/75/16 is the biggest size you can run without rubbing. I am going with the Duratracs because they have great reviews and are excellent in snow and ice. Go to tirerack.com to look at all the tires and ratings/reviews.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
ToyTaco10 is on a distinguished road

ToyTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, 265/75/16 Duratrac's are a great tire. I purchased them in Feb. for my 2nd gen. and am very happy with them. How much lift did you get with the 5100's and coil kit? I put the ProComp lift on and I think it's a little too high (3.5-4in) but am still happy with it. I think I might be upgrading to larger tires soon.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Check out some 255/85/16 tires
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
in live in CT, i have had BFG AT's and now i have bridgestone revo2's. i like the revo's better, they get better mileage, and are quieter, they seem to be just as good or better in the snow and much better onroad.

i hear the Duratracks are nice but they are expensive.

General Grabber AT2 are a nice tire as well as the Dynapro ATM