Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

spare on or off?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

bboynowee's Tacoma Gallery
Red face spare on or off?

Just wondering how many of you guys still carry your stock spare...and I'm considering taking mine off just because for some reason I think it might save me some mpgs ( yea right )...

Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I keep mine. Better to have something over nothing. Yes I have AAA too.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I keep mine. Better to have something over nothing.
x100000000000000000000000000000000000

you'd be fucked if you gotta flat...just avoid that situation
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
bboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to allbboynowee is a name known to all

Yea makes more sence to keep the spare... Kinda just want to have an extra spare but exactly like my rims and tires....hmmm
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i highly doubt you'll increase MPG with it off, and when you get a flat you're F'd
Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
same although i think imma drop it and throw it in the bed for a bit. its been under there for 11 years and has dimples in the rubber from where it was rubbing the entire time on the sidewalls. plus want to recheck the pressure before winter starts.
When you put it back face the valve stem down so you can check it without dropping it.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
In Russia we carry our spares.

In US OF A, we carry our spares.

It's a good idea to carry a spare matey.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
7th Ceaser
Chrome Beer is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Chrome Beer's Tacoma Gallery
I had to take off my spare due to new pipes i had installed. Anyone know how to turn the light off on the dash that senses the tire pressure for the spare?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Beer View Post
I had to take off my spare due to new pipes i had installed. Anyone know how to turn the light off on the dash that senses the tire pressure for the spare?
Take the cluster apart and remove the light is the only way I know of. I dont have any TPMS so the light stays on all the time. A little annoying but you get used to it.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Take the cluster apart and remove the light is the only way I know of. I dont have any TPMS so the light stays on all the time. A little annoying but you get used to it.
Put your TPMS sensors in a pressurized vessel under the rear seat
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
7th Ceaser
Chrome Beer is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Chrome Beer's Tacoma Gallery
^ Thanks ill try it ive gotten used to it but would be nice to have to check remaining tires.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Put your TPMS sensors in a pressurized vessel under the rear seat
They're somewhere in Pennsylvania now. I sold them with the rims
The light isn't bad and the inspections people don't care as long as it isn't a CEL.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Not the best idea, like everyones sayin: better safe than sorry
Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #14

Spare it is!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Screw that...I have two spares!The one underneath the bed and one full size 16" TRD wheel/tire spare in the bed.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #16
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
wouldn't go anywhere without a spare. had to use it more than once. punchered a tire with a nail clipper,handle from a bucket,screws,and nails. you'd be supprised what's laying out there on roads. could probably make up a new post on what people got flats from. might be interesting.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
why would you go ANYWHERE without a spare???
Old 09-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post

The OP answers this question in his first post.

Quote:
I'm considering taking mine off just because for some reason I think it might save me some mpgs.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
I considered taking the spare off....but not anymore....makes more sense to have it on, than to not ...what I might end up doing is probably even getting a spare but with the exact kmc enduro's that I have.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I've been considering a spare tire carrier plus an extra 16" alloy - seems like a pretty useful addition.