Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone regret painting your wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone regret painting your wheels?

Curious if anyone rattle-canned your wheels and later regretted it. I'm thinking hard about spraying my 16" OR wheels black or graphite. Not interested in the cost/hassle of powdercoating, but I think the wheels would look much better witha coat of duplicator on them. Would any of you go back in time and not spray your wheels?
Old 09-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
nope,not at all.sometimes i run white insert im them as well.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't like them then just paint them silver over the black....

IBplastidip
Old 09-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If you don't like them then just paint them silver over the black....

IBplastidip
Yeah, but I'm not worried about not liking them - I'm worried about them peeling in a year when my truck is 2 years old. I'll probably just wait for spring and get some XD revolvers or something.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Yeah, but I'm not worried about not liking them - I'm worried about them peeling in a year when my truck is 2 years old. I'll probably just wait for spring and get some XD revolvers or something.
Mine have been painted for a year. No chips.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
mine have been done for a year and a half with no isses at all.i used a fine sand paper(220)to scuff them,then just rattled away.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
I've had two friends (1 tacoma and 1 4runner) both paint there wheels almost 2 years ago, and they still look awesome! But they don't do any EXTREME off-road stuff, i.e. no rock crawling just a bunch of redneck stuff. I'm gonna buy black wheels for christmas with my lift, but thats just b/c I don't like the stock wheels. They should be fine if you do them right...
Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I have some stock steelies 16" lol paint em black sell urs n have money for ur aftermarket ones..lol