Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

White Wall Question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
White Wall Question

hey guys just got some new toyo A/T and rockin the white lettering out... now my question is what can i use to keep the white nice and it not dull over time... besides re-painting them, is there some kind of cleaner made for the white lettering ?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the reply guys!

Anyone have had any experience with Westley's Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I remember a product called "Wessleys Bleach Right" It came in a small can and you brushed it on whitewalls. It worked really well. I haven't had whitewalls or letters in quite a while, but I think they still carry it in auto parts stores.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I remember a product called "Wessleys Bleach Right" It came in a small can and you brushed it on whitewalls. It worked really well. I haven't had whitewalls or letters in quite a while, but I think they still carry it in auto parts stores.
I guess "Westleys Bleche Wite" and Wessleys Bleach Right" are the same thing? It was a long time ago.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I guess "Westleys Bleche Wite" and Wessleys Bleach Right" are the same thing? It was a long time ago.

hahahha yea its the same thing, ur way is the correct way of spelling it though
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I have used Westleys Bleche Wite before and it worked great. I was told to wet the tire and the rim also as it can eat the finish off of aluminum and paint as well. kind of a pain but it worked very well.

-Dan
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I have used Westleys Bleche Wite before and it worked great. I was told to wet the tire and the rim also as it can eat the finish off of aluminum and paint as well. kind of a pain but it worked very well.

-Dan

k so do i wet the tire first, then spray it on? i was reading to spray it on the tire prior to washing the truck, then wash it off once im down washing the truck... im also gonna paint my wheels this weekend, will this stuff ruin the paint??
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
k so do i wet the tire first, then spray it on? i was reading to spray it on the tire prior to washing the truck, then wash it off once im down washing the truck... im also gonna paint my wheels this weekend, will this stuff ruin the paint??
Yes wet the tire and wheel before you spray the tire. Also I never let it sit more than a minute on the tire. When you spray the tire with this it pulls out the nastiest brown foam and it runs down the tire and rim, I was never comfortable letting it sit that long on the tire. In all honesty the prduct worked no doubting that but perhaps not worth the trouble. If i was in the market today for a whitewall cleaner i might be inclined to look for different one. As far as the paint goes, I was told it will eat the paint, same with the coating on the aluminum wheel. I never had to find out the hard way.

-Dan
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Yes wet the tire and wheel before you spray the tire. Also I never let it sit more than a minute on the tire. When you spray the tire with this it pulls out the nastiest brown foam and it runs down the tire and rim, I was never comfortable letting it sit that long on the tire. In all honesty the prduct worked no doubting that but perhaps not worth the trouble. If i was in the market today for a whitewall cleaner i might be inclined to look for different one. As far as the paint goes, I was told it will eat the paint, same with the coating on the aluminum wheel. I never had to find out the hard way.

-Dan
A little word of advice....get a long handle brush, don't know how many times I have road rash nuckles while washing .
In all the years of using it I have never had issues with eating paint or messing with the alloy wheels, maybe I was lucky. Also something to consider is Simple Green full strength, now I have used it half strength to break down the brake dust, no issues on this end.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
A little word of advice....get a long handle brush, don't know how many times I have road rash nuckles while washing .
In all the years of using it I have never had issues with eating paint or messing with the alloy wheels, maybe I was lucky. Also something to consider is Simple Green full strength, now I have used it half strength to break down the brake dust, no issues on this end.
I never had problems either, just what I was told to watch out for. I like the idea of the Simple Green though.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:

when u spray it on does any of it get on the wheels? do u also put it on a wet tire or dry tire?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
when u spray it on does any of it get on the wheels? do u also put it on a wet tire or dry tire?
Have done both, if the idea of spraying bothers you, you can alway pour the Bleech White in one of those squirt ketchup things, or spray directly on the brush and "go to town" on the letters.
OH yes, don't use it in the full sun/when it is hot. I have also sprayed it under the fender wells, and on the frame. Cleans it up pretty good.
Spray....Brush.....Rinse.................Dry...... ENJOY
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Where did you get the tires from after all? How much did you pay?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

did u also do it on a wet tire?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #18

longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the time No, dad said it worked better dry. Once I did the letters, (and they do get white) I rinsed the tire and wheel, then used the rinsed brush to do the rest of the tire. I have a seperate rag set up to do the wheels.
They always said to start from the top and work you way down when you wash, BUT I do the tires and wheels first then finish the rest of the truck.
I also don't wipe dry the wheels and tires.....yea I know, I use a blower/vac craftsman I do believe.
I hate it when you drive down the road and see all the slopper coming off the mirrors, windows etc. So crap I blow the whole thing...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #19
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Most of the time No, dad said it worked better dry. Once I did the letters, (and they do get white) I rinsed the tire and wheel, then used the rinsed brush to do the rest of the tire. I have a seperate rag set up to do the wheels.
They always said to start from the top and work you way down when you wash, BUT I do the tires and wheels first then finish the rest of the truck.
I also don't wipe dry the wheels and tires.....yea I know, I use a blower/vac craftsman I do believe.
I hate it when you drive down the road and see all the slopper coming off the mirrors, windows etc. So crap I blow the whole thing...

nice thanks! k so this is what i should do then

1. spray on dry tire on white letters
2. rinse off
3. even when i rinsed the wesleys off, i still use a wet brush a scrub??
4. or do i spray back on then use the bursh?