Notices

thinking of getting these wheels for my 1st gen

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
xfrankx is on a distinguished road
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
thinking of getting these wheels for my 1st gen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dont want to deal with worrying about stuff fitting or needing spacers so i figured going with an oem wheel would be best and these are nice. there shouldnt be any issues fitting these on my 95 4wd taco correct?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
they look great
Old 09-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrankx View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dont want to deal with worrying about stuff fitting or needing spacers so i figured going with an oem wheel would be best and these are nice. there shouldnt be any issues fitting these on my 95 4wd taco correct?
They will sit 1" further in that your stockers.

Stock backspacing on 2nd gens is 5.5", and it's 4.5" for 1st gens.

What size tires do you plan on running?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
i was planning on running those tires as well since its a package deal but they are 265/70/17s and im pretty sure they will hit the control arm with that size
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrankx View Post
i was planning on running those tires as well since its a package deal but they are 265/70/17s and im pretty sure they will hit the control arm with that size
Yeah I think you will need spacers.

It's really not that hard to find aftermarket wheels that will fit your truck....
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
yea i know its not that hard to find a set but all the ones ive been looking at need spacers or longer wheel studs ect.. i might go with a set of wheelers steelies but honestly im not a super big fan of them looks wise. i like the cragar soft 8's but everyone knows those are a pain to get to fit. if there was another set of good looking steels that clear the caliper i would most likely do that