1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will 235's look funny on a 15x7 rim with 3.75" backspacing?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DaveCanuck, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Sep 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    DaveCanuck

DaveCanuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 V6
    '97 ex cab Taco with the 2.7L 4x4, downsizing from 16x7 to hopefully 15x7's and 235's.

I never realized it was going to be such a shit show trying to find rims that would work - those of us wanting 15" rims really seem to be at a disadvantage, and there's lots of confusing info out there, but I think I'm getting somewhere. On the TTORA site there's a list of rim sizes and backspacing that will work on these trucks and 15x7 Cragars with 3.75" backspacing, lo and behold, are on the list of those that will fit. Finally some good news because I discovered these a couple of weeks ago:

[​IMG]

Jegs doesn't appear to carry them in 15x7 as a 6 lug, and mentioned that Cragar has discontinued a batch of wheels :mad:, despite the fact they're listed on the Cragar site. WheelsNext.com does seem to carry them. At least they're on the website.

Sooooooooo.... provided these will actually work (and I know that from reading anecdotes from many, many members here on their experiences with all ranges of steelies - steelies almost seems to be a dirty word) that there is still a chance they WON'T work...

...if they do work and I go with 235's - how will that look having a skinnier tire than the 265/70/R16s I'm currently using, sticking out roughly as far?

2. Sep 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    DaveCanuck

DaveCanuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 V6
    These Black Rock 941's look pretty neat as well, but they're 4" backspacing in a 15x7 six lug.

[​IMG]

Are Jeep owners the only ones successfully running 15" steelies? You'd think by now that these manufacturers would wisen up to the fact that there are counntless Tacoma owners who would love to run these kinds of wheels (without spacers!!). Is there not another production method that could be adopted to make these wheels more user friendly??

3. Sep 5, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i thought they put bigger brakes on the 4x4 hence no 15's will fit.

Products Discussed in

To Top