Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG AT's on a 2nd gen??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Rushbrook is on a distinguished road
Rushbrook's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT's on a 2nd gen??

Thinking of putting 265/75/16 BFG AT's on my stock '07 TRD.

This a good choice? I want the aggressive look but i have a 70 mile round trip commute.

Also..Anyone have a pic of BFG AT's on a 2nd gen?

Thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
lots
Old 09-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I got them and there okay, kinda wish I went with a little more aggressive look tho.

They are not a loud tire and the ride is good.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
I think they ride great. Not loud at all. But like Blackshirts said, they don't look as aggressive.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking the Terra grapplers would be too aggressive for my commute but they don't appear to be any more rough than the BFG's. I live the aggressive look. If I had my wish it would be Dura Tracs but I dont think they're practical enough.

Is the Nitto something realistic for the 70 miles a day?
Old 09-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATm 265/75-16 better price, quiet running, all terrain excellent tire.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I run Duratracs 62 miles a day to and from work. Maybe too aggressive but they look great and so far they are pretty good offroad.

I will probably get the BFGs next time though.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I run Duratracs 62 miles a day to and from work. Maybe too aggressive but they look great and so far they are pretty good offroad.

I will probably get the BFGs next time though.
How many miles on those Whip? Some of the more worn out ones I've seen start to look really bad with a flat tread but still aggressive sidewall. They almost looks like slicks in peoples pics..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Those were pics of when I got them. They have about 1000 miles on them now and they look the same.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Thanks guys..

I checked out those Hankook tires before. They look great. Thanks Whip..Those Duratracs look sweet too. Are they loud(Hankooks too)? And what makes you want to go with BFG's next time?

One thing I forgot to mention is that although I love (not 'live'..mistype up there above) the aggressive look I won't be off-roading much. I want them fir looks and the occasional snow storm or sticky situation. I do want them to be capable tires though.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushbrook View Post
Thanks guys..

I checked out those Hankook tires before. They look great. Thanks Whip..Those Duratracs look sweet too. Are they loud(Hankooks too)? And what makes you want to go with BFG's next time?

One thing I forgot to mention is that although I love (not 'live'..mistype up there above) the aggressive look I won't be off-roading much. I want them fir looks and the occasional snow storm or sticky situation. I do want them to be capable tires though.
The Hankook ATms are QUIET.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
OscarWholivich is on a distinguished road

OscarWholivich's Tacoma Gallery
BFG

I just put these on today. I went with stock 245/75/16 bucause I like the 23mpg I have been getting.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
OscarWholivich is on a distinguished road

OscarWholivich's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My BFG's had 80K on them when I sold my first gen. I highly recommend if you want a tire that is going to last a long time. I never had any issues.

My next tire will probably be the Duratrac's, but I only put 12,000 miles on my truck over the last 4 years (3k a year), so longevity isn't an issue for me now.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
swollen member
covefrog08 is on a distinguished road

covefrog08's Tacoma Gallery

these were the day i got them, truck wasnt so clean at the end of the day. i'm probably 7 thousand miles into them now and i must say they are SWEET. i'll take some photos of them how they are now and post tomorrow. they are 235/85/16
Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
Whip..are those Duratracs noisy on the interstate?

Oh I already asked that..lol
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #18
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
I got them and there okay, kinda wish I went with a little more aggressive look tho.

They are not a loud tire and the ride is good.

they're ATs duh
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
not a bad choice at all..ive run many sets of them in different sizes but you will be much happier with nitto terra grapplers
For the info. looking also
Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend the BFG's I have had them on all my trucks and they perform well in snow and dirt, giving lots of grip, they wear well and you can run them forever. you pay for what you get for sure.