Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Everyone is entitled to at least 1 "will these fit?" thread, right?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone is entitled to at least 1 "will these fit?" thread, right?

I feel like a complete noob for posting this thread. Well, here's my "will these fit" question.

The wheel specs are:

Size: 17x8
Offset: 5mm
Backspacing: 4.76"
Bolt Pattern: 6-139

As for the tires, I will be using 265/70/17. My questions are:
1. With the 4.76" backspacing, will it rub against the UCA's?
2. Will there be any trimming or rubbing of any kind of the wheel and tire combination?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
NO!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
NO!
Now are you saying "No" to the question in the title of the thread? If so, then I tried to put some thought and creativity in the title. Rather than just a boring "will these fit" title, mine acknowledges that a "will these fit" title is overused but I do need help. That should count for something...

Or are you saying "No" to the questions in the post? If so, then thanks for your help!

(This post also acts a bump for other to chime in)
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
They will fit. the 4.5 is ideal for when you plan to run 285s and allow your tires to stick out a tad.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Those specs are fine for the tire size you want to run.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
They will fit. the 4.5 is ideal for when you plan to run 285s and allow your tires to stick out a tad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
they should be fine..if there is any rubbing it will be very minor....should clear uca no prob
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Those specs are fine for the tire size you want to run.
looks like i'm getting some new wheels now! thanks for your help!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #8
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I was being a smart ass, but failed