Need Help! Help me pick.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
feltsphoto is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Mike
feltsphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help! Help me pick.

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac or BFG AT. Please give a reason why. I like the way both look. I'm looking more for which wears longer/better? Road noise? Off road and Hwy driving...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #2

Army:
And has anyone found comparable mpg between these two? I can't...
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
bfgs are a good tire ive run them many times..but the duratracs perform better in all situationss...as do the nitto terra grapplers outperform the bfg's....if you want a aggressive at get the duratracs and if you want a great all around capable on and offroad tire look at the nitto
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at both....bought the DuraTracs.....love the look of em. They ride good and work good off road....can't complain.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T's have been around longer, more well known, might be a little bit more money depending on where you go. I think the DuraTracs look a little bit more aggressive.

I imagine MPG's will be about the same - not enough of a difference to worry about it either way.

If you go with the DuraTracs, I would recommend signing up with Tread Lightly! (www.treadlightly.org), you pay $25 for a one-year membership and you're able to utilize their $100 manufacturer rebate on Goodyear tires. Net gain of $75. That is what I will be doing when I go with the DuraTracs, except I'm already a member.

Fink
Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #9

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
BFG A/T's have been around longer, more well known, might be a little bit more money depending on where you go. I think the DuraTracs look a little bit more aggressive.

I imagine MPG's will be about the same - not enough of a difference to worry about it either way.

If you go with the DuraTracs, I would recommend signing up with Tread Lightly! (www.treadlightly.org), you pay $25 for a one-year membership and you're able to utilize their $100 manufacturer rebate on Goodyear tires. Net gain of $75. That is what I will be doing when I go with the DuraTracs, except I'm already a member.

Fink
Thanks for the info!!