Notices

General AT2 or Hankook Dynapro

View Poll Results: At2 or Dynapro
General AT2 11 33.33%
Hankook Dyanpro Atm 22 66.67%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
General AT2 or Hankook Dynapro

Anyone have experience with both the At2 and the Dynapro? Both are pretty similar in my area price wise. But At2 has longer mileage but slightly heavier.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Flip a coin.
Had a feeling it would come down to that.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Dynapro what ?

AT or MT ?

ATm, sorry I forgot that in the title and can't figure out how to edit it. I did get it listed correct in the poll though.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
ATm, sorry I forgot that in the title and can't figure out how to edit it. I did get it listed correct in the poll though.
Sorry , I can't see the poll on my phone .

I have the MT's , can't comment first hand on the others , but have heard lots of good feedback on the Hankook AT's
Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #7

Yes, I've heard good things for both. I think more have dynapro ATms, but I think the price has gone up on them over the years due to increase in popularity.

I haven't seen anyone who has used both give an opinion so was curious if anyone out there has.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
bdd151 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
bdd151's Tacoma Gallery
I have the AT2's and so far no problems!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the ATm's and I really like them, don't know about the other. Watch out for the AT, there was a lot of reviews that I read about hydroplaning.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
I have the ATm's and I really like them, don't know about the other. Watch out for the AT, there was a lot of reviews that I read about hydroplaning.
Ok, I'll have to check that out, have not heard that yet. I think there is a General graber that has red outlining that got some iffy reviews but I'll research some more.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
davescarp is on a distinguished road
davescarp's Tacoma Gallery
my dynapro's get mounted tomorrow... can't wait!!! based on all the good reviews, i don't think you can go wrong there..
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #12
2010tacoTRDOR6spd is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
2010tacoTRDOR6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get these locally or online?

I am looking and getting the DynaPro ATM's and wanted to see what you got them for, if you didnt go locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescarp View Post
my dynapro's get mounted tomorrow... can't wait!!! based on all the good reviews, i don't think you can go wrong there..
Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
poynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
poynter's Tacoma Gallery
I got some dynapro ATms about 10,000 miles ago and the rears were pretty worn when I rotated them just a couple days ago. I've got a bit of a lead foot though.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
davescarp is on a distinguished road
davescarp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010tacoTRDOR6spd View Post
Did you get these locally or online?

I am looking and getting the DynaPro ATM's and wanted to see what you got them for, if you didnt go locally.
They were $143 a piece at DTD... got them mounted and balanced locally at my favorite garage... I had to buy 5 because I was upgrading from the stock dunlops..
Old 09-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
265/75-16 ATm were $140 each at a local tire shop (which also sells Generals... and they were much more expensive). That was 10,000 miles ago and the Dynapros have been EXCELLENT!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #16

Up in NorCal I can't find dynapro's for less than the generals.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
2010tacoTRDOR6spd is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
2010tacoTRDOR6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats not bad, thats what i have seen them for, which is a decent price i think. I was originally thinking DuraTrac's, but they seem too expensive and I am hoping to get a bit more life out of the DynaPro's.

Reviews seem solid on the DynaPro's and for the price, doesnt sound like they can be beaten.

[QUOTE=David K;3690833]265/75-16 ATm were $140 each at a local tire shop (which also sells Generals... and they were much more expensive). That was 10,000 miles ago and the Dynapros have been EXCELLENT!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
265/75-16 ATm were $140 each at a local tire shop (which also sells Generals... and they were much more expensive). That was 10,000 miles ago and the Dynapros have been EXCELLENT!

Same here but I do have 17's and have been an excellent tire! Rub on the inside ONLY when I do sharp hard turns other then that awesome tire!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #19
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Because you have a 17" wheel I think the aspect ratio needs to be 70 instead of 75...? Because you are already an inch taller tire/ wheel... and our two trucks (Sport/ Off Road) have the same wheel well area.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #20
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
SGT_Taco and I have ATMs on our trucks and they've been a good tire. SGT_Taco has managed to kill two of them, I've only managed to kill one. They have fairly thin sidewalls which is my only complaint. If you wheel on rocks or anything like we do the DuraTracs are probably slightly better, but the price difference for both 32" and 33" is what kept me coming back to the Hankooks. My local Discount sells them for $150/tire + tax, MBI, and road hazard, but they also will take care of me whenever I manage to kill them so I can't complain. You'll notice I also have BFG Rugged Trails on in these pictures, A/Ts don't get much worse than that, and I'm replacing them all next week with more ATMs.