Notices

I want new tires but need help.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
gospurs21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gospurs21's Tacoma Gallery
I want new tires but need help.

ok so check it out my wheels are 20'' toyo tires with 20' chrome rims. i want all terrain tires and maybe moto metal rims.. but i dont know much about trucks and stuff. do i HAVE to get 20'' wheels? or can i get like 18s or something withought having to mess with anything. i know if i want like 33s ill have to get a lift. but idk if i go smaller or the same ? help me please lol
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
You could get 18,17, or 16
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can go smaller, stock rims for the Off Road are 16", TRD Sports come with 17" rims. 18" rims will be fine. Use the tire size calculator to find out what different tire sizes do to your speedo, Odo and physical tire size.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
you would have to get new rims to get the 16", 17", 18", or 19" tires tho...just thought i'd throw that out there...lol
Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, stock size is 245/75/16 and 265/75/16 (for trd's)

you can also get 17" rims like the Trd sport has 265/70?/17

The smallest rim(wheel)you can fit is a 16"

off roading I assume you would want more tire, not rim.

good luck
Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
well, stock size is 245/75/16 and 265/75/16 (for trd's)

you can also get 17" rims like the Trd sport has 265/70?/17

The smallest rim(wheel)you can fit is a 16"

off roading I assume you would want more tire, not rim.

good luck
Close, stock for the TRD Sport is 265/65R17. 265/70R17's look great though
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
thanks! and mine are 20'' they came stock with my trd prerunner. but because it was a texas edition... the tires i have now are 265/50r20
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
no i want to get completely different rims and tires. just put them on haha. i mean like i dont wanna buy stuff for it in order to put them on. for ex if i wanted 33s ill need a lift, thats what i meant i just want smaller tires or whatever
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospurs21 View Post
no i want to get completely different rims and tires. just put them on haha. i mean like i dont wanna buy stuff for it in order to put them on. for ex if i wanted 33s ill need a lift, thats what i meant i just want smaller tires or whatever
So, the answer is, yes you can ditch those 20's. 16's will be the least expensive tires as you explore. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
thanks! . and also thanks to hard2kill for the link!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks! and mine are 20'' they came stock with my trd prerunner. but because it was a texas edition... the tires i have now are 265/50r20
The 20's may have came with the truck stock, but they are not stock or factory rims. Go back to the 16's and enjoy better gas mileage, and better performance off road as well.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #15
whats the difference between 16x9 and 16x8? lmao
Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #16
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
25.4 millimeters
Old 09-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1 inch in width.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #18
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
pm'd you about our recent group buy pricing on wheels/tires
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
How can i tell of mine are 20x8 or 20x9 mine r 265/50r20
Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #20
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
there probly 8in... 9in wide is too wide for a 265...i mean it would work but factory would not do it cause it is too wide.....

honestly a great look between street/offroad for a mostly street drivin 2wd is a 285-60-18 on a 18x8 rim with about 4.5in backspacing.....its an affordable tire and wheel size that looks great on a street truck and the nittos come in that size also...pm if you need more help buddy......im kinda into the whole tire and wheel thing