Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Noob questions about 33"s on stock 15x7 rims, with 2.5" lift

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
woodpost is on a distinguished road
woodpost's Tacoma Gallery
Noob questions about 33"s on stock 15x7 rims, with 2.5" lift

hey guys, sorry, i'm new to tire/wheel sizing, and i leave for a road trip on Tuesday so am in a rush to figure this out.

i just had a 2.5"-3" suspension lift installed on my '99 4WD Xtra cab (awesome toytec kit) and it makes my 31" tires look like mini-donuts. i'm looking to get a set of 33" BFG T/A KOs, but i have a few questions:

1) with the lift + 33" tires, my truck will be 4"+ higher than before. should i be very concerned about stability/tip-over with the higher center of gravity and tire flex? or is the difference fairly inconsequential?
2) will the 33x10.5 fit without spacers/adapters/mods?
3) should i even consider the 33x12.5? i know it's pushing the upper limit and would be a bit bulgey and wear quicker, but maybe it's worth the wider stance? but if these require spacers/adapters, it's probably not worth it.

thanks!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
i also have 31' bfg at on mine with 2.5 of lifts. i think with the 33 on 2.5 will rub on the pitch well and at the lower front plastic bumper. hopefully someone can chim in more.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
1) with the lift + 33" tires, my truck will be 4"+ higher than before. should i be very concerned about stability/tip-over with the higher center of gravity and tire flex? or is the difference fairly inconsequential? Yes they will fit with some trimming and no your not going to be tippy

2) will the 33x10.5 fit without spacers/adapters/mods? You will have to do a little trimming but no spacers or adapters.

3) should i even consider the 33x12.5? i know it's pushing the upper limit and would be a bit bulgey and wear quicker, but maybe it's worth the wider stance? but if these require spacers/adapters, it's probably not worth it. No don't mount a 12.5 on a 7" wide rim 8" is the min.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
woodpost is on a distinguished road
woodpost's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
i also have 31' bfg at on mine with 2.5 of lifts. i think with the 33 on 2.5 will rub on the pitch well and at the lower front plastic bumper. hopefully someone can chim in more.
i guess i have another option, which is just keep the 31"s. are you happy with your tire size? ever wish you had 33"?