View Poll Results: Best aggressive looking tire for on-road/highway
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 5 7.69%
General Grabber AT/2 6 9.23%
BFG All-Terrain T/A KO 37 56.92%
Other (list in comments) 17 26.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
New Tires - I can't make up my mind!

Buying new wheels/tires and not sure what to get. I don't do much off-roading but I want an aggressive looking tire. What's your preference? I'm sticking with 17's but going with 265/70's.

Thinking about getting the KMC XD Series Enduro

(I also posted this on the TW FB page so please excuse the double post)
Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
BFGoodrich All Terrain have the best look for an all terrain tire IMO. but they are pretty heavy of a tire but are great for offroading, mud they do alright in. I just got rid of my BFGs cause i wore them down, and got Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, they are lighter, i havent tested them offroad yet but they handle great on the road and in the rain, cant wait to put them in action on the trails
Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Hankook Dynapro ATm, the price was really good and they look fairly aggresive. Buddy at work is getting a set for his Sport after seeing mine, good luck on your search.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Out the three you listed, I would go with the BFG's.

Another fantastic option are the Goodyear DuraTrac's.

Fink
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
I got the Hankook Dynapro ATm, the price was really good and they look fairly aggresive. Buddy at work is getting a set for his Sport after seeing mine, good luck on your search.
X2
Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Thanks guys. I was going to get the DuraTrac's but found the tread life isn't so great on them.

I also thought about getting Nitto's but wasn't sure if it would be too rough for road driving.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
x3

265/75-16 ATm were $140 each at a local tire shop (which also sells Generals... and they were much more expensive). That was 10,000 miles ago and the Dynapros have been EXCELLENT!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my Michelin LTX at2 tires. I have the 31x10.5x15 and they are quiet and ride very nicely. They have a 60,000 mile warranty. They have done well off road so far and I haven't had any issues. I think they look good on my truck. Not as agressive looking as the BFGs but the tread is only 1/16 shorter on the Michelins. These tires actually ride nicer than the smaller goodyear highway tires I replaced.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
if you want agressive looking at's, duratracs are the only way to go. They look SWEET. the tread life is on par with the rest of the tires.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
pm'd
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
n a coma is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Trent
n a coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
Thanks guys. I was going to get the DuraTrac's but found the tread life isn't so great on them.

I also thought about getting Nitto's but wasn't sure if it would be too rough for road driving.
Nitto Trail Grapplers.....got em in a 265 70 17 and love em
Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
NoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud of

Army: S-3 Operations
Name: Michael
NoDrAmA357HK's Tacoma Gallery
Xtreme M/T Pro Comp - 67285
Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
Jet is on a distinguished road

Name: Jet
Jet's Tacoma Gallery
Don’t forget your wheel size/decision will affect your tire decision… the availability of a 265/70/17 tire that will fit a 17x9 wheel seems to be less than a 17x8 – example find a BFG T/A KO 265/70/17 to fit a 9 in wheel. I’m liking the Nitto Terra Grappler, good luck.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Why 17's? 16's look better and make your tires look bigger. JMO
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Why 17's? 16's look better and make your tires look bigger. JMO
And they're cheaper.

I'd go Cooper ST myself.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #20
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hankook Dynapro MT
x2

I've had these tires for over a year now and they still look brand new! A little on the noisey side, but I dig it