Notices

Duratrac help!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
ryanb33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryanb33's Tacoma Gallery
Duratrac help!!!

I just purchased some good year duratracs 265-75-16 load C. I installed 5100's on all 4 corners and set the fronts to 1.75. I had the front end aligned also. I like the ride but running on the interstate starting at 75 mph the truck wanders it feels like there is play in the steering. I had decreased and increased the pressure but nothing helps.

Anyone have any ideas???
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb33 View Post
I just purchased some good year duratracs 265-75-16 load C. I installed 5100's on all 4 corners and set the fronts to 1.75. I had the front end aligned also. I like the ride but running on the interstate starting at 75 mph the truck wanders it feels like there is play in the steering. I had decreased and increased the pressure but nothing helps.

Anyone have any ideas???
http://i.cdn.tacomaworld.com/host/ta.../worthless.gif

Sounds like a poor alignment. Wondering, sounds like the castor. What are the settings and who aligned the truck? Dealerships usually set the truck to factory settings, but with a lift and bigger tires those settings aren't always the best.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you need an alignment

if the alignment doesn't straighten you back out, you may need new uca's to compensate for the lift..

when you get your alignment done, as for your alignment printout before and after...then post your results here
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Tacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant future

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
what they said
Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine did that. I did a chalk test and the pressure listed on the door frame gave a good wear pattern. Also proper alignment will help.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
ryanb33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryanb33's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the fast replys. The place I purchased the tires did the alignment and installed the shocks. I'm pretty sure he aligned the truck to factory specs. That might be an issue. I was thinking about taking to the Good Year dealer tomorrow to see if they can help. The tires had alot of good reviews and no one hasn't really had this issue so I don't believe it's the tires.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Part of it could be the tires. It takes a couple hundred miles to "break in" these tires. Mine were a little squirrelly when I first got them, but then they smoothed out.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb33 View Post
Thanks for the fast replys. The place I purchased the tires did the alignment and installed the shocks. I'm pretty sure he aligned the truck to factory specs. That might be an issue. I was thinking about taking to the Good Year dealer tomorrow to see if they can help. The tires had alot of good reviews and no one hasn't really had this issue so I don't believe it's the tires.

Thanks everyone.
probably not your UCA's but I could be wrong.. 265's are small tires and 1.75" of lift isn't that much so you should have plenty of room left to align.

Try this: negative caster 3.2 degrees, -1 degree camber, toe slightly in. Should drive straight. Either that or maybe the wheels aren't balanced.

Every truck is different so hard to tell.

Did the shop do a laser alignment?