Level 8 Guardian

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
Level 8 Guardian

I was just at Discount Tire and was able to see the new Guardian wheel by Level 8. The wheel is looking pretty badass to me. Before I order it they have Are different offsets. I believe I need to order the wheel that is 17 x 8.5 with -6 offset or do I want the 17 x 8.5 with +25 offset. If anyone is wondering they guarantee to beet the prices from discounttiredirect.com and I saved about 40-50 bucks by going in the store. I will be running 265/70/17 BFG AT.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
found it quite a bit better through our group buy, pm'd
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
They look pretty good
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
-6 offset will give you 4.5" of backspacing. +25 offset will give you 5.75" of backspacing. 4.5" seems to be the concensus, so I would go with the -6.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Yeah, i must say those look pretty nice. Will look forward to seeing a pic of them on the truck. Might make em my next set.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
The wheels were just ordered and thanks to Mescalero I was able to get one heck of a deal. Let him know what you are looking for and he can probably hook you up. Pics will come when it all gets delivered and put together
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
steveni70 is on a distinguished road
steveni70's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else running these? OP, did they say it was OK to mount a 265 tire on the 8.5" rim? Goodyear says Duratracs are only "approved" up to an 8" rim.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveni70 View Post
Anyone else running these? OP, did they say it was OK to mount a 265 tire on the 8.5" rim? Goodyear says Duratracs are only "approved" up to an 8" rim.
The BFG AT's are approved for 7-8.5" rims in that tire size.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
BFG AT in 265/70/17 is approved for up to a 8.5 inch rim. 16 inch tires are only approved to a 8 inch rim. Therefore I went with the 17s. The other wheels should be here today and hopefully mounted on friday. Pics to follow then.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
Wheels were mounted and balanced yesterday with ne BFG AT 265/70/17. To me it is looking pretty badass. I took off the hub covers since I thought they looked pretty gay. Not sure how to load pics but give me a few and I will try and figure it out

Old 09-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
bermslider is on a distinguished road

bermslider's Tacoma Gallery
Those look real good man! Nice choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
Wheels were mounted and balanced yesterday with ne BFG AT 265/70/17. To me it is looking pretty badass. I took off the hub covers since I thought they looked pretty gay. Not sure how to load pics but give me a few and I will try and figure it out

Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
Beretta Taco

Man yes, those look real nice!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
pics
Looks awesome!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #15
Pooter is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Brandon
Pooter's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know what the group buy prices are? Im looking at buying a set but can't make up my mind. Thanks guys Im new to TW btw, and you guys already have me doing mods to my 2011 lol
Old 10-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
TKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
PAKraig is on a distinguished road

Name: Kraig
PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Same question as 2 posts above. Group buy still going?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #18

PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
Jeff,

Is that all stock suspension?

I'd love to see some more pics of your truck when you get a chance. An angled shot down the side would be great to give us an idea of the stance.

Good looking rig so far!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
Same question as 2 posts above. Group buy still going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
Anybody know what the group buy prices are? Im looking at buying a set but can't make up my mind. Thanks guys Im new to TW btw, and you guys already have me doing mods to my 2011 lol
We guarantee the lowest delivered price. If anyone has a lower unit price + shipping let us know. We won't be beat.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #20

PAKraig's Tacoma Gallery
If someone can confirm that there is ANY TRD center cap that would fit these wheels, I'll place my order ASAP.