Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG rugged trail or Prelli scorpion

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
BFG rugged trail or Prelli scorpion

Need new skin's. Talked to a pal's son yesterday for 1/2 hr. on tires ( He is a tire store owner ) We came down to these two the BFG are $820 out the door with 100$ back he will take the 100$ card off so they are 720$. The Prelli's are 740$ and I'm gone. It's flip a coin for me they are both high on the rate scale and I like the look's of both. If you have the BFG OR THE SCORPION'S tell if you would buy them next time out... Thank's for your time,Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Rugged Trail = Rugged Fail

Avoid at all costs
Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Rugged Trail = Rugged Fail

Avoid at all costs
THANK'S Ben, I no longer off road the truck so the new tires will be 99% on the road. I did get stuck last year in the rain trying to pull the travel trailer in to the hunt camp. Had to get the owner's tractor to pull me out . No more sport truck tire's for me...Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
I had the scorpions on my old Dodge, and they ran good in all conditions but snow, but seeing you are in FLA, does not seem to be a problem. they wore great and had good manners.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
I had the scorpions on my old Dodge, and they ran good in all conditions but snow, but seeing you are in FLA, does not seem to be a problem. they wore great and had good manners.
Thank's, I'm looking at other threads on the BFG's and not liking what folks are saying on the rugged trail's. With only 800 bean's in the tire kitty it's looking like it's the Prelli's... Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you only interested in these two models of tires?

My wife's Corolla has Pirelli's and they are great... as a street tire. I looked at the Scorpions to replace the Rugged Fails, but they didn't give me the mojo I want along with a good working truck tire... I went with Hankook Dynapros and am very very happy with them.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2's for around $800 installed. Firestone Destination are another good truck tire for $800. I think there are better tires than the Pirelli's and BFG Rugged fails.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
OP, what size?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Called the tire man and asked about Brigestone AT revo2's. Called back with 840$ less 100$ card he will take so they are 740$ out the door.. I think the hunt is over, yes or no... Thanks, Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
OP, what size?
265 70 17 Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
yes there an awsome tire that look s good.......stable even at 100+mph smooth quiet,real good in snow,best tire in rain ive ever used...go for it you wont be disapointed...then go and find someone with the 2 tires you were gonna get and show them what they should buy next time
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
THANK'S Ben, I no longer off road the truck so the new tires will be 99% on the road. I did get stuck last year in the rain trying to pull the travel trailer in to the hunt camp. Had to get the owner's tractor to pull me out . No more sport truck tire's for me...Jim
The reason the call them Rugged Fails is because they don't last long and are a shitty tire.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #14
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

After bugging the crap out of tire man he will put me on a set of Mich. LTX M&S., 831$ out the door. Need to do them by the end of the Mo. as a good spike ^ in price is coming on almost all name brand's the 1 of Oct.. THANK'S ALL, Jim
Old 09-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #15
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The Michelin LTX M/S are what all the ambulances run. I had them on my truck originally. Quiet as all hell, phenomenal traction when dry and wet. Suck in snow and ice. Again as was mentioned in Florida...doubt that's a problem.

Good choice on the tires Jim, you're gonna like them, guaranteed.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #16
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
The Michelin LTX M/S are what all the ambulances run. I had them on my truck originally. Quiet as all hell, phenomenal traction when dry and wet. Suck in snow and ice. Again as was mentioned in Florida...doubt that's a problem.

Good choice on the tires Jim, you're gonna like them, guaranteed.
Had the same tires on my 99 taco 4x4 and loved em, nice hiway ride and never got pulled out of some real bad sand and mud. When I sold the truck they were 5 y.o. and still looked new. I real happy as I got what I wanted and only 31$ over what I had to in the kitty for new tires... Jim
Old 09-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Tire prices are going up?

Glad you found your tires.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Tire prices are going up?

Glad you found your tires.
Mich's by 10% Oct. 1.. If you need tires get them by the end of the Mo. almost all are going up. Jim
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
k2rider is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
k2rider's Tacoma Gallery
Had the Scorpions on an F150 Supercrew. Worst tires I ever had. Have had the Revo's on (2) separate vehicles and they are the best tire I've ever had, though they don't necessarily have that 'bad-ass' look if that is important to you.

Dealer out here quoted me $702 OTD for a set of (4) Toyo Open Country AT's in that size. I went with the Toyo's in a 285. Couldn't be happier.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The reason the call them Rugged Fails is because they don't last long and are a shitty tire.
x2

Met up with a guy yesterday who had a 2010 with 15,000 miles and the tires were worn so bad I thought they had 50k on em...unreal. POS tires for sure