Notices

Mud Flap Replacement

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
phatfrady is on a distinguished road
phatfrady's Tacoma Gallery
Mud Flap Replacement

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 Tacoma Prerunner Access Cab that has the mud flaps behind each wheel. My left front one has broken off and I would like to replace it.

I called my local dealership and was told it would be close to $95 to replace a simple piece of plastic. This seems like a ripoff.

Can I buy this from another website or parts store and replace it myself?

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Zombie Killer
surferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of lightsurferkid is a glorious beacon of light

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
this just happened to me and you can get one flap on ebay for 60$ but your better off finding an after market set for the fronts i think im going to get a set for $15 to $20 why not

http://www.powerflowinc.com/splash_profit.php
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
do you really need front flaps on prerunners?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
phatfrady is on a distinguished road
phatfrady's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably not necessary. I bought it used and it had them on there when I bought it. Most of my driving is highway driving, so it is tempting to remove them (at least the fronts)
Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes better to remove them before they get ripped off possibly messing up your fenders...

rear flaps are the key ones so you're not kicking stones up on the people behind you
Old 09-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
You can usually find them on here in the B.S.T. Forum for cheap. If you wanna replace it. I know I sold mine on here.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Just watch the BST forum. People sell them often, but for some reason they don't last too long either. X2 on taking them off (IMO). Either way, GLWB.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
What am I supposed to put in this box?
ninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: Classified
Name: Mario
ninja28's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set for sale, I removed them at the dealership before i drove off the lot...only 3 miles on them. hit me up if you are interested.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
smacman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
smacman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey ninja28. Wht will you take for the two front mud flaps?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
What am I supposed to put in this box?
ninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the roughninja28 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: Classified
Name: Mario
ninja28's Tacoma Gallery
sale pending.