Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

opinions please

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
opinions please

I was lucky to get my hands on a set of these fj wheels today. I want to know if anybody here is running 285/75/16 with an ARB bumper and OME lift with dakars in the rear. If you are running this set up could you please post some pics so i can look at it. I'm currently running BFG KO All terrain 265/75/16 on my stock OR wheels which are 16x7. these fj wheels are 1/2 inch wider at 16x7 1/2. and if you are running 285's are you having any rubbing issues? thanks for help.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you will rub with 285s it's just a lil trim tho
Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Try check out the photoshop request thread- they'll photoshop the wheels onto YOUR truck, instead of having to look at others.

IMHO, DO IT. Those anthracite rims look GREAT on 2nd gen Mag Grey tacomas. 285/75r16 will rub if you wheel though.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yes it will rub when you turn
Old 09-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
You can do it and it's not much of a trim
Old 09-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry, slip of the fingers there, meant rub with 16's.
If you don't mind some trimming, you will be good though-

Either way, I say put those wheels on!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Sorry, slip of the fingers there, meant rub with 16's.
If you don't mind some trimming, you will be good though-

Either way, I say put those wheels on!
i've been wanting 285's for a while. they would look awesome with those fj wheels. the thing that sucks is that my 265's are brand new and i would be taking a big hit if i got rid of them.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #10

You can always sell them, 2nd gen wheels/tires sell quick

Or you could put a M/T on the FJ's and have a road/heavy offroad set of tires/wheels

Just my .02
Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
Just get some 285s you will kick your self in the butt if you don't. Just do it trim a lil and be happy.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
Toycan is on a distinguished road

Toycan's Tacoma Gallery
OK, in the stupid question category, by 'trim' you mean it will simply rub a bit off the tire when trunign sharp, inside on the A arm or something, you don't actually mean get a grinder and grind a few mm off the inside tread do you?

Thanks, am edu-ma-cating myself on these things, couple of inch lift etc so any input appreciated
Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
They mean trim the inner fender well and possibly the cab mount's.