Wheel Offset & Lift

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Ozziwald is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Ozziwald's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Offset & Lift

Hello everyone!

I bought my new Taco in May and have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to join the community! I left my.IS to come here!

Anyways, my company is going to get rid of its account with the wholesaler Competition Specialties so I want to lift my truck now. (and tire prices are on the rise)

I am going to buy the 6inch Fabtech with Dirt Logics and coilovers. I was quoted $2661 for just the lift.

Kind of curious what others have paid for the same lift?

So my main question, I am looking at two different wheels. ATX Artillery and ATX Legend in a 20". The Artillery has a -12mm offset and the Legend is a 0mm offset.

What would you guys recommend for an offset with a 6inch lift on my Taco? I like both wheels but want to have the best offset. I don't want them to stick out too far as I don't want to get new fenders, but at the same time I want enough clearance for some lite 4x4in.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziwald View Post
Hello everyone!

I bought my new Taco in May and have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to join the community! I left my.IS to come here!

Anyways, my company is going to get rid of its account with the wholesaler Competition Specialties so I want to lift my truck now. (and tire prices are on the rise)

I am going to buy the 6inch Fabtech with Dirt Logics and coilovers. I was quoted $2661 for just the lift.

Kind of curious what others have paid for the same lift?

So my main question, I am looking at two different wheels. ATX Artillery and ATX Legend in a 20". The Artillery has a -12mm offset and the Legend is a 0mm offset.

What would you guys recommend for an offset with a 6inch lift on my Taco? I like both wheels but want to have the best offset. I don't want them to stick out too far as I don't want to get new fenders, but at the same time I want enough clearance for some lite 4x4in.
How wide are the rims, 9"?

If so I'd recommend the -12 offset, which would be 4.5" BS.

What tire size are you planning on running?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Ozziwald is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Ozziwald's Tacoma Gallery
Yup the rims are 9" wide.

I'm planning on 35x12.50R20's.

Haven't yet decided on the type. I like the Toyo MT the best but my work is an authorized Cooper dealer so I can get a really good deal on STT's.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum dude! pm'd about the lift