Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tire recommend

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
tnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura about

Army: 197th field artillety
Name: tom and jane
tnj's Tacoma Gallery
tire recommend

i have a 07 4x4 off road,i am running 265/70/16 with a 3" toytec lift,i now if i run 285s i will rub,can anyone tell me the biggest tire i can run without modifications,thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16
Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
tnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura about

tnj's Tacoma Gallery
great,thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #4

tnj's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have pics of 3" lift with 265/75/16
Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you already have a 3" lift and 265's?

Fink
Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Don't you already have a 3" lift and 265's?

Fink
He probably still has 265x70R16s on from stock I'm guessing.

__________________________________________/\With 3" lift and 265x75R16s.

__________________________________________\/With 285x75R16s.
Attached Thumbnails
tire recommend-img_0430.jpg   tire recommend-img_0424.jpg  
Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnj View Post
does anyone have pics of 3" lift with 265/75/16
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3354600
Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
He probably still has 265x70R16s on from stock I'm guessing.
True - but I didn't think the difference would be that dramatic.

I'm always down for some truck pr0n, though.

Fink
Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
True - but I didn't think the difference would be that dramatic.

I'm always down for some truck pr0n, though.

Fink
There is about an inch difference overall.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
There is about an inch difference overall.
I know.

My point was merely that there wouldn't be a drastic difference in the overall look of the truck, with jumping from 265/70-265/75.

Fink
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's enough to be noticeable. I mean 285x75R16s are just an inch bigger than 265x75R16s. But they look radically different.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
erbbq is on a distinguished road
Marines: H&S Co, 3rd Bat, 24th Mar Div
erbbq's Tacoma Gallery
There is a member that is running the 275 - 17's with 5100's on FJ wheels with no rubbing. Only issue is that you only have 2 manufactures to choose from.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
Resident Jackass

People don't buy interco tires for their daily driver/weekend warrior trucks because if your truck sits for more than 5 hours in any one spot the tires develop a flat spot that makes driving a real ball buster.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i have 285/75/16's and i dont rub at all.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 AM   #15
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pizza cutter wheels?????? 255/85/16?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
those are the old interco bias ply swampers. i have ran interco tsl radials that were decent off road and ok on road, never flat spotted and better than my cooper muds i'd had previous to them. i then upgraded to interco ssr's and they were incredibly smooth, great in rain and snow and no louder than my current goodyears that are certainly in no way comparable off road, never flat spotted.

anybody thinking about these tires don't believe the old school talk about them!! i regret not spending the cash to get some for my taco, when i'm due for tires i will without question be going back to swampers of some sort.
Could be, but one guy I talked to who was running TrXus MT's said the exact same thing. And those were radial too, not bias ply.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard excellent things about them in the gumbo, but for everyday driving I think he'd be better off with another tire.

Them's my opinion.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #17

tnj's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone,i think i am going with 265/75/16 goodyear dura tracs,i do like the idea of 255/85/16's though
Old 09-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
Resident Jackass

255's will rub a little too. Just not as bad.
I think you'll like the Duratracs. They're EVERYWHERE in the oil patch. Lots of guys seem to like them, and all they drive are fullsize pickups on ice roads for 7 months of the year.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #19

tnj's Tacoma Gallery
will a c load range on those duratracs work
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
Kougr is on a distinguished road

Army: Veteran, 553d CSB, Ft. Hood
Kougr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnj View Post
will a c load range on those duratracs work
The 112Q rated tire? If so, yes---been running them for 31k miles with no problems...