Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will 315/75/17s fit? 3" lift.....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Will 315/75/17s fit? 3" lift.....

But seriously... someone (Dead Heretic) is very generously offering me some BFG A/Ts and I've been looking for some larger tires... I know these tires are actually 34.4 " and you're not supposed to go over 33" with a '3"' lift.

But here's the thing, I'm willing to do almost anything to make these work. (Money is kinda tight, you see, and used 33/--/15's are very hard to find.) I have 3" of lift in the front, but will soon be getting about 3.5" with some toytec topplate spacers and I've got 4" (soon to be 5" with shackles) in the back.

If I get the best possible off-set for wheels (I already have all-pro 1.5" spacers) will these work off-road or would flexing be out of the question? I'm also not afraid to cut in to the fenders llike crazy....

I guess I could always do a small BL for $150-$200....

The other issue is re-gearing.... but that can wait for a little while.

from the online tire size calculator

Thoughts?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i had 35s on my truck with 2.5" lift. and they are true 35s. i had the cab mount chopped, aftermarket bumper and had fiberglass fenders, they rubbed a little bit but it was nothing to really worry about. now i have camburg spindles and they are super clear. but im not sure if your going to be able to fit them without the cab mount chopped and with stock fenders and bumper..
edit: your also a 3.4L if you step up that big you definitely want to regear it
Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post

But here's the thing, I'm willing to do almost anything to make these work.
Sounds like you got your answer right there....cab mount chop, and cutting up your fenders (the actual fenders, not the plastic) would probably get the job done.....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
i had 35s on my truck with 2.5" lift. and they are true 35s. i had the cab mount chopped, aftermarket bumper and had fiberglass fenders, they rubbed a little bit but it was nothing to really worry about. now i have camburg spindles and they are super clear. but im not sure if your going to be able to fit them without the cab mount chopped and with stock fenders and bumper..
edit: your also a 3.4L if you step up that big you definitely want to regear it
Wow!

I'm getting a tube bumper in the future. But dude, in regards to the bumber and fenders. I'm not afraid to cut, cut cut..... You think they'll fit If I cut the plastic bumper, chop the cab mount, and take a grinder to the fenders? (I don't care to much about looks or after-market value.... lol)
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you'll have to do some major cutting...not just trimming.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Sounds like you got your answer right there....cab mount chop, and cutting up your fenders (the actual fenders, not the plastic) would probably get the job done.....
That's my plan. Ok thanks for the fast and civil replies gentlemen!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow!

I'm getting a tube bumper in the future. But dude, in regards to the bumber and fenders. I'm not afraid to cut, cut cut..... You think they'll fit If I cut the plastic bumper, chop the cab mount, and take a grinder to the fenders? (I don't care to much about looks or after-market value.... lol)
Well if you didn't have fenders at all, then you could technically run any size you want right? (stay with me here, I'm serious). So if you are willing to grind the fenders, then there has got to be a point at which you can get those to fit...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Yeah you'll have to do some major cutting...not just trimming.
How much are we talking here? 1-2" of the actual fender? Will I be able to go back far enough on the front?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
You wont need to do a cab mount chop if you have an early taco, you will most likely need to tub the firewall. This is exactly what im doing when i step up to 35s.
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...y-lift-height/

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/po...63/13_rear.jpg
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Or you could get a BL and use a sledgehammer and probably avoid the firewall tub. That is if you dont wheel and dont plan on stuffing the front tires.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Well if you didn't have fenders at all, then you could technically run any size you want right? (stay with me here, I'm serious). So if you are willing to grind the fenders, then there has got to be a point at which you can get those to fit...
lol.......... Good point. But the limitation there would be gears. Is it not ok to drive around on 35's with stock gears? I know gas milage would suck, and acceleration too... but I wouldn't be able to MOVE with some 42s..... See what I'm saying?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow!

yeah if you cut a buttload if your fenders they will fit, just make sure they dont rub on the UCAs because if heard of that being a big issue with some wheels. it would look badass but if you wheel it might be a little impractical because theres more room for 33s to move around when flexing, the 35s wont really go anywhere lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
You wont need to do a cab mount chop if you have an early taco, you will most likely need to tub the firewall. This is exactly what im doing when i step up to 35s.
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...y-lift-height/

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/po...63/13_rear.jpg
didnt know about this
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
lol.......... Good point. But the limitation there would be gears. Is it not ok to drive around on 35's with stock gears? I now gas milage would suck, and acceleration too... but I wouldn't be able to MOVE with some 42s..... See what I'm saying?
being a 3.4L most guys gear when putting 285s so with 315s im like positive you'll need gearing
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Or you could get a BL and use a sledgehammer and probably avoid the firewall tub. That is if you dont wheel and dont plan on stuffing the front tires.
nope.... I wheel as hard as my Taco can take. Flex is very important to me. I'll look into tubbing the firewall... I've never heard of that before.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #15

Quote:
nope.... I wheel as hard as my Taco can take. Flex is very important to me. I'll look into tubbing the firewall... I've never heard of that before.
if flex is important dont stuff the 35s, go with 33s
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Über Posre

Quote:
being a 3.4L most guys gear when putting 285s so with 315s im like positive you'll need gearing
Oh....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
Über Posre

Quote:
if flex is important dont stuff the 35s, go with 33s
hum...... but won't I still get the same amount of flex with different tires if the fenders and restricting parts are out of the way? Big tires doesn't mean it's restricts the suspension, right?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hum...... but won't I still get the same amount of flex with different tires if the fenders and restricting parts are out of the way? Big tires doesn't mean it's restricts the suspension, right?
No but if the firewall is the issue, the 33s give you 1" more clearance.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
mall crawler
Quote:
Correct, that is if your willing to cut like the link i posted. Heres some more.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
Über Posre

Wow, well I'll look into that.... That might be hard since I can't weld and it's probably not a good idea to just leave a gaping hole right there in your firewall.....