1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mountain Snowflake Symbol or equivalent.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DigB, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Sep 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    DigB

DigB [OP] Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    I have been looking and I can't find anything that really answers my question about good all round tires.

I am looking for a list of tires that have the Mountain Snowflake symbol so I can take a look at which tire I should replace my stock tires with.

I am probably going to get the Duratracs, but...I want to see all my options so I know I've done my research.

I live in Winnipeg, Canada and we get snow covered/hard pack/ice covered roads for a good 4-5 months of the year but I don't want to have two sets of tires as I can't afford to buy two sets right now.

I'm looking for something that looks aggressive and does well off road but also has good road manners. So basically I am looking for the very best all round tire for a city that sees extremes in all types of weather. My guess is it will either be the BFG's or the Duratracs.

Any suggestions?

2. Sep 14, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    You've already made your decision. There really isn't anything else. Only other thing you can do is keep your stockers and get something like the Hankook MT or Firestone Destination MT and get them studded. Big lugs for the snow, studs for the ice, massive win all round.

Myself I just run MT's year round. Just gotta take it real easy on the icy roads. I'm out of Alberta btw, so I know Canadian winters too. ;)

3. Sep 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM
    Eurosport

Eurosport Well-Known Member

Member:
    around the world
    bfg all terrain, goodyear silent armors, nokian wrg2 all have snowflake rating stamped, duratracs are not the only all terrains with it on...

4. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    YEGTaco

YEGTaco Member

Member:
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    I'm looking at switching the stock Dunlops off for the Nokian WRG2's before the snow flies in Alberta. It will be first winter with this truck and I have zero confidence in the stock tires and would love to run dedicated winter tires but don't want to mess with TPMS issues - so Nokian it is. From what I've read you really can't get any better unless you need them for serious off-road use.

Products Discussed in

To Top