Notices

BFG All-Terrain T/A KO

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
Question BFG All-Terrain T/A KO

I have 55k on my stock tires. I'm looking to get BFG All-Terrain T/A KO.

I would like to get one size taller but not wider. My stock tires are P265/65/17. I would need P265/70/17 Right?

Is any one running this setup on a stock truck?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
265/70R17 will be the same width but about 1" taller. People are running that on stock suspension. I've got that size tire on my truck but I'm slightly lifted.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
BigBiscuit is on a distinguished road

BigBiscuit's Tacoma Gallery
The 265/70 is taller, but the same width. So, yes. That's the size you'd want.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
good choice. Best tire ever.
If you say so...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do
There you have it, what more proof could you possible need
Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There you have it, what more proof could you possible need
Well, just saying of all the AT tires I have had, the KO's were the best performing and lasted the longest and never had cut tire.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
As an A/T the BFGs are pretty damn solid. You may not agree that they're the best, but they're definitely up there.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, just saying of all the AT tires I have had, the KO's were the best performing and lasted the longest and never had cut tire.
I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. You certainly can't dispute their great, long standing reputation and I think they've sort of paved the way for A/T tires. I am happy to see other manufacturers coming out with great A/T tires of their own and I think some are great alternatives to the BFG. I shyed away from the K/O's because I do a lot of road driving and didn't want to deal with the road noise.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks, I have had BFG All-Terrain T/A KO in the past on my last truck. Just wonted to make shore on size taller would fit on my stock truck. I do take the truck to Glamis CA to play in the sand and tow with the truck.

Last Q&A one size taller will not rub or anything like that right? Also shooed fix my fast Speed-o? I'm about 3-4 MPR fast on the stock tires. I know its a Fleet wide problem...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamis View Post
Ok thanks, I have had BFG All-Terrain T/A KO in the past on my last truck. Just wonted to make shore on size taller would fit on my stock truck. I do take the truck to Glamis CA to play in the sand and tow with the truck.

Last Q&A one size taller will not rub or anything like that right? Also shooed fix my fast Speed-o? I'm about 3-4 MPR fast on the stock tires. I know its a Fleet wide problem...
265/70R17 will fit just fine on your stock Tacoma without any rubbing issues. It will fix your speedo error but will add error to the ODO. Bone stock the speedo reads slow but the ODO is dead on. Adding bigger tires fixes one problem, adds another.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, the nitto terra graplers suck. 2 of my friends had them and only lasted 1 to 1 1/2 years on both of theirs. bfg's last far longer than that
Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #15
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of creating a new thread I will just add to this.

Can someone post pics of 265/70/17 BFG A/T KO's on stock truck without any lift. I'm in the same situations as OP but would really appreciate seeing some pics.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
Im about to order some tires and would also like to see the 265/70/17 bfg a/t ko's on a stock truck.