Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What is a good website to buy rims and tires from?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
rod8137 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Jorge
rod8137's Tacoma Gallery
What is a good website to buy rims and tires from?

I am looking into buying 18" XD addict rims and tires online because the prices are unbeatable. So I am wondering what site is best to purchase the wheels and tires from.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
JRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Josh
JRader1790's Tacoma Gallery
For tires, I would have to say Discount Tire Direct about 99% of the time. Simply because they normally have the cheapest prices, price match if you find it cheaper elsewhere, and offer free shipping IIRC.

For wheels, that's personal preference in my opinion:

- 4wheelparts.com
- westkycustoms.com
- elementwheels.com <--- where I got the wheels for my Silverado

Just google it and you can find pretty decent prices.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Air Force:
rod8137's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah finding cheap prices isent the problem, Im just worried about customer service if there is a cracked rim or if I have any problems.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought from tirerack once and discounttiredirect twice.
Tirerack was stictly a web deal, but discount tire I dealt with over the phone quite a bit and their service was great.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I have tirerack bookmarked on my laptop, that'll be the site I get stuff from when its time to upgrade my tires/wheels
Old 09-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Air Force:
rod8137's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks everyone. Awesome thats what I wanted to know Seth (horwitzs), I appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
We'd love to earn your business. We don't stock all of the XD wheel designs but we can certainly order them in. Give us a ring or PM us if you are looking for something specific. We'd be happy to help.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Discount Tire Direct by far, they are awesome to work with!! I ordered my tires and wheels from them, I ordered the tires on a Monday and received them on Wednesday (they will price match plus they have FREE shipping). I called them Wednesday after I received my tires and asked if they carried Moto Metal since I didn't see them on their website, just hoping I would luck up. The sales rep told that me he was sorry but offered me comparable products. I told him that I had my mind set on the Moto Metal 951's in black, he told me that he would call me back within the next 30 minutes, that he was going to see what he could do. 15 minutes later, I received a call back and he told me that he could order them direct from Moto Metal and send them to me (also price match and FREE shipping). They showed up on my porch Friday. Absolutely great service. If I'm on the phone and I don't receive great service, no business from me. I'm 21 years old and I'm in college and I work hard for my money, so I will not just spend my money with anybody... Sorry for the long post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
TireRack is a great place. They called me after i ordered 33"s to make sure I knew what I was getting into.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I got my wheels from 4wheelparts, and tires at a local shop. I was able to haggle the guy to give me the tire rack price of KM2s.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I got my xd spys from extremecustomwheels.com and will likely buy from them from now on. As far as tires go on the other hand... DTD likely has my business as long as they keep their great prices
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
Discount Tire Direct by far, they are awesome to work with!! I ordered my tires and wheels from them, I ordered the tires on a Monday and received them on Wednesday (they will price match plus they have FREE shipping). I called them Wednesday after I received my tires and asked if they carried Moto Metal since I didn't see them on their website, just hoping I would luck up. The sales rep told that me he was sorry but offered me comparable products. I told him that I had my mind set on the Moto Metal 951's in black, he told me that he would call me back within the next 30 minutes, that he was going to see what he could do. 15 minutes later, I received a call back and he told me that he could order them direct from Moto Metal and send them to me (also price match and FREE shipping). They showed up on my porch Friday. Absolutely great service. If I'm on the phone and I don't receive great service, no business from me. I'm 21 years old and I'm in college and I work hard for my money, so I will not just spend my money with anybody... Sorry for the long post

Thank you for your support. We will keep working hard for you.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Www.onlinetires.com had my nitto trail Grapplers for only $215 each
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkturbo! View Post
Www.onlinetires.com had my nitto trail Grapplers for only $215 each
what size did you get, wish i could get that price, dtd is to much for me
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
Wheel and Tire Guys

We guarantee the lowest delivered price. If anyone has a lower delivered price (unit price + shipping) let us know. We won't be beat.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
We guarantee the lowest delivered price. If anyone has a lower delivered price (unit price + shipping) let us know. We won't be beat.
i will tell you what man, if i can get these shipped to me for 238 a tire I would buy 2nite, but you guys cant touch that price...oh well the search continues
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #18
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, wondering if the wonderful people at Discount Tire Direct could give us TW memebers a nice little discount (matched and beat cheapest found + an additional __% off). Certainly this would earn my business when I ditch my stockers. I'm sure it do the same for most if not nearly all other TW members.

What do you say DTD guys/gals?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #19

Navy:
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Hmmm, wondering if the wonderful people at Discount Tire Direct could give us TW memebers a nice little discount (matched and beat cheapest found + an additional __% off). Certainly this would earn my business when I ditch my stockers. I'm sure it do the same for most if not nearly all other TW members.

What do you say DTD guys/gals?
x2, they should step up since TW has thrown much business their way
Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #20

Navy:
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
dtd, so what do you say? lets work out a deal for TW members