1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone Destination MT's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Krazie Sj, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sep 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj [OP] Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Just thought I'd give a quick write up on these since I'm currently running them on my work truck (2011-F350 with an MTC on the back)

I actually just wanted to say how badly these things get cut up and chunk on lease roads (Logging roads.) These tires are pretty much brand new and I'm losing pea sized chunks out of the lugs. And I get see stress fractures on the lugs where they meet the carcass. Really really soft rubber. If you were going to run these as a studded winter tire I think you'd be golden with this compound. But rocks will devour these tires 6 ways from Sunday. The F350 is a really heavy truck so I'm sure that's not helping, but I have never seen tire cuts like this from the stock BFG Rugged Terrains that come stock on these things.

2. Sep 17, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Silverback ran a set of these a long time back before he was banned and all his shit was deleted. Had the same problem. Seems endemic to the tire.

3. Sep 17, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    He was ripping lugs off them from rock crawling, I remember that. I see you're back too, good to see ya.

I think these'd be an excellent winter tire with studs for how soft the compound is. But stay away if you're on hard stuff, especially in warmer climates.

4. Sep 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    For the time being, anyway.

5. Sep 17, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Wouldn't be the same without ya, ya jack'a'ninny!

Products Discussed in

To Top