Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What is the largest size tire I can fit on my 09 Tacoma?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
GKAJMUCF is on a distinguished road
GKAJMUCF's Tacoma Gallery
What is the largest size tire I can fit on my 09 Tacoma?

I have a 2009 stock Tacoma reg cab and I am looking to upgrade my wheels and tires. I was looking at tires that were 255 70 16" but the guy at the truck store said they wouldn't fit. I don't have a lift but I have seen some other conversations on websites with people putting 265s on with no lift. I want to make sure I get the larger tire size i want before investing the money. I've been getting mixed views on this subject from different websites so i figured this would be the best place to ask! Will the larger tires hurt my stock suspension in the long run as well?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Search?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Search?
What's the best way to lift my truck without having to do a diff drop?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
THIS IS A STICKY IN THE TIRE SECTION!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
What's the best way to lift my truck without having to do a diff drop?
Lay off the donuts.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Lay off the donuts.
BTW I'm not in law enforcement.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
BTW I'm not in law enforcement.
Lol. You don't have to be a LEO to pig out on donuts.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
How much metal are you willing to cut?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Lol. You don't have to be a LEO to pig out on donuts.
Good point. I'm just adding to the shenanigans.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
what model do you have?
Generally, 265/75r16
Its the 2009 regular cab stock 4x2. I don't have a lift. So you can put 265s on this without lifting it and no clearance issues??? How much offset would be required???
Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #15
The wheels I was looking at also have a 38 offset. Does that reduce the size of the tire I put on?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKAJMUCF View Post
Its the 2009 regular cab stock 4x2. I don't have a lift. So you can put 265s on this without lifting it and no clearance issues??? How much offset would be required???
Are you a 5-lug or 6-lug (prerunner)?
Quote:
The wheels I was looking at also have a 38 offset. Does that reduce the size of the tire I put on?
What width are the wheels?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Are you a 5-lug or 6-lug (prerunner)?

What width are the wheels?

Its a 5-lug (not a prerunner)

I was going to have 265 75 16s put on but that what he said was to big and the biggest size i could go was 235-75-16. They aren't bad but not the size i wanted.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a 5-lug (not a prerunner)

I was going to have 265 75 16s put on but that what he said was to big and the biggest size i could go was 235-75-16. They aren't bad but not the size i wanted.
Biggest is 235/75/15, not 16
Old 09-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Biggest is 235/75/15, not 16
Thanks for your help. Im going with the 235-75-16s. I'm going to modify the width of my wheel well to accommodate.