Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mount and balance own tires and wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
sargo is on a distinguished road
sargo's Tacoma Gallery
Mount and balance own tires and wheels?

I just recently ordered some new ultra wheels, and duratracs to put on them. I wanted to have them mounted and balanced by the place I got them from (tirerack, etc), but ended up having to buy them from two different places. They just got here, now I need to have them mounted and balanced.

Went to the, www.gsp9700.com site to find a place with a roadforce balancer. Average price for everything seemed to be around $90 at most. I really have no problem paying this price. I want it done correctly, and with no problems.

Turns out, theres also a place that has the hunter balancer with an "open" shop, where you can do the work, with the assistance of a tech. Now personally, I already do all the maintenance on my Tacoma as it is, so thats not a problem. Never mounted or balanced though. Seen a few videos of how mounting and balancing goes, and it doesn't seem that hard. I really don't care that the price this way would only be about $30. I'll pay more to make sure they're done right. But all I can picture in my head, is taking it to some shop where some greasy handed kid comes and throws my wheels all around just to get them done quickly. The places with roadforce balancers around here are mainly dealerships, farm stores, and a couple firestones or so.

Anyone mounted and used the hunter road force balancer before? Pretty simple right? When the machine says they're balanced, they're balanced I assume. Or should I just take them somewhere? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
rfb for $90 [please
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
yeah get them done by a pro.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
sargo is on a distinguished road
sargo's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, thats what I was leaning towards. I don't want any problems.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, and MOST shops pay that "Pro" that's over there scratching up your new wheel minimum wage. Just make sure they guarantee that balance for 30 days. You'll probably have to come back and have them do it again, just tell them to keep the "Pro" away from your truck. Lol
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
Dang $90. I need to go up on my prices.