Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

GMC wheels for winter rims?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
GMC wheels for winter rims?

Just curious, has anyone ever used GMC rims for a spare set of tires? Stupid me sold my OEM TRD sport rims a while back and as it turns out i now need wheels for my 265 DuraTracs. I just bought a decent set of 285 KM2's so i'd like to run them on my Procomp 7089's.

Anyways, i have the opportunity to buy these good condition GMC wheels off a newer truck for $50 a piece. Since i'm having a hard time finding OEM Toyota wheels for a decent price i thought i might go this way instead. Especially since they'll only be used in the winter and long trips. I don't know the rim width, but looking at the GMC bolt pattern 6x5.5, i shouldn't have a problem using them then? Just want to make sure before i purchase them. Thanks!

Here's a picture of them...
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ316711041

I guess i should get ready for onslaught! I know its blasphemy to put chevy stuff on our trucks but i'm honestly trying to save some money for bigger and better mods. ie, lockers
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You can put toyota wheels on GM trucks and suvs but not the other way around. The hubs are smaller on those wheels and they won't fit.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn, i didn't think to take into consideration the hub size. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The spare wheel in 1st gen. Tundras is 17x7.5" steel. I see a few selling on eBay.Ca:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=...EL&_sacat=6000

Works out to about $300 incl. shipping.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The spare wheel in 1st gen. Tundras is 17x7.5" steel. I see a few selling on eBay.Ca:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=...EL&_sacat=6000

Works out to about $300 incl. shipping.
Thanks for the link! A great alternative for what i need and they're located in Canada too, that will probably help with shipping costs.

Just found a few guys locally listing the 17" TRD sport rims, so i put a few offers out there and we'll see what happens. Hopefully i buy them much cheaper than what i sold them originally for.