Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Stock Steelies vs X-runner Rims (pics)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Buellie is on a distinguished road
Buellie's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Steelies vs X-runner Rims (pics)

Just thought it may be of interest to show the differences in rim size.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
nice comparison shots man
Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah thats abig difference in appearance looks good!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Buellie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, and sorry for posting in the wrong area...

BTW...there's a huge difference in handling as well.

Lane changes are more precise, with almost no body roll, and off ramps are simply a hoot now.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Much better looking .

Just hope you kept your 16's for winter.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
Buellie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
Much better looking .

Just hope you kept your 16's for winter.
Thanks, and i was thinking of selling my 16's to offset the layout of the X-Runner rims.
I have 3 other work trucks that i own that are much better in the snow than my Tacoma.

And another thing, i don't work when it snows...my guys do though..
Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Looks way better!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
XR wheels on a work truck that is awesome man. If those are the stock summer tires (Bridgestone Potenza's)from the X-Runner be careful in the snow. I got the pleasure of driving my now traded in X-Runner in the snow (about 4 inch's) on stock tires and it was no fun at all.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
Buellie's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, those are the stock Potenzas, and yeah, i'm already well aware that they are gonna suck in the snow.

I used to drive a first gen MR2 as my only transportation back in the day, and i had similiar performance tires mounted to Fittapaldi rims. Talk about an interesting commute in the snow!

I'm actually surprised that the Potenzas work pretty well in the wet.

All in all, i'm quite happy. I can't leave anything i own stock. I always gotta do something to make it a little bit different than everyone elses.

Just take a look at one of my other work trucks...a retired ambulance..i totally scored that truck. Don't mind my Buell in the picture.