Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Correct Lug Nuts for Dick Cepek Torque Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Correct Lug Nuts for Dick Cepek Torque Wheels

I am looking into getting these wheels but i am unsure of the correct lugnuts. in DC website it says their wheels use a "60-degree, conical-bulge seat lug nut" for proper fitment. I will be getting the lugnuts from wheelers, but i don't know which lug nut on this page are the right ones? http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm

anyone out there with these wheels have input on this?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Any 12mmx1.5 acorn style lugnut will work on that page.
so just the regular acorn or should i get the ET style? I would prefer the ET style, but i'm worried it has the incorrect base for the DC wheel?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The ET's will work as long as the extended thread shaft fit's in your mounting hole. Judging by some of the pics, you're going to want the ETs too. It doesn't look like a 13/16" lug will work
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #4

ya i emailed both dick cepek and wheelers with this same question but neither have responded yet so we will see what they say. I'm just confused as whether the "60 degree conical bulge seat" is what the base of the lug nut should be? Cuz the ET style base doesn't look conical haha
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
ya i emailed both dick cepek and wheelers with this same question but neither have responded yet so we will see what they say. I'm just confused as whether the "60 degree conical bulge seat" is what the base of the lug nut should be? Cuz the ET style base doesn't look conical haha
The ET's are conical.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
KevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevMc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
KevMc's Tacoma Gallery
I used McGard part number 64012
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The ET's are conical.
x2, I own a set.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Digging up an old thread....

I have the same wheels and getting ready to replace my tires and wanted new black lugnuts. My chome are rusty. I called DC and they didn't recommend ET but bulge.

Will these work??

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo...lge+black+12mm

Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by resq330 View Post
Digging up an old thread....

I have the same wheels and getting ready to replace my tires and wanted new black lugnuts. My chome are rusty. I called DC and they didn't recommend ET but bulge.

Will these work??

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automo...lge+black+12mm

yes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
yes
Thank you kind sir. +1
Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Racingfan is on a distinguished road
Air Force: (RET.) MSgt, 25th Aerial Port Squadron
Name: Philip
Racingfan's Tacoma Gallery
floridaoccifer did a write up on the DC Torque Wheels and the required lug nuts here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-et-lugs.html

I'm planning on getting the DC Torques in Gunmetal with my tax return soon. floridaoccifer was a big help to me on making that decision.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
El' Capi-Tan

resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I called DC yesterday and the guy I talked to say he didn't recommend the ET...just 60 degree conical bulge. So, I ordered the ones up there ^ that I posted. Hope they work!

Products Discussed in this Thread